Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ukulele heavan!!!

Default Ukulele heavan!!!

Ok, i might need an intervention here. I got my ukulele for christmas and i cant put it down. My poor guitars are fealing neglected. I think i'm addicted, HELP!!!!

Toss those old six-string monstrosities. You've got more important things to do.

I agree. When you get tired of dusting them off, guitars make great firewood! (JK)
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Thanks for the morning laughs.
    Sandra
    Kamaka Tenor
    Mya Moe Beansprout

You are discovering the dark side of ukuleles Sir ! I was warned, did I listen ? No sir, no I did not and now thousands worth of guitars stand in their cases in the corner of a room, only for one or two that occasional see light due to professional engagements !

Now I sit sir, every night with my Instrument crack in hand strumming away, chasing the uke Sir is a life long addiction that can't be broken !

Do you not know why George Harrison wrote ' While My Guitar Gentle Weeps ' ? It's because he got hooked on the sunshine Sir, that's why ! It breaks my bloody heart so it does !

Will the torment of this four stringed heroin every leave my veins ?

They'll tell you it's fun and jolly, but they won't tell you that six months down the road you'll be slapping your arm up ready for a ' Uke Hug ' as I now call it because you almost have to hug a uke, especially a soprano, to play it !

You're doomed !

The Esteban guitars actually do make great firewood, or boat paddles.... And that's about it.

As for regular guitars, my classical guitar comes first. When I got back into classical I put a wish list on my iPod of 10 great classical pieces, and I'm happy to say 4 years later I've learned 8 of those well enough to perform and am working on the 9th, which is Stanley Myers' Cavatina!

So before I play uke I make sure to put in a good hour on guitar first. I've worked and love it to much to neglect it now. Plusthe Uke is the perfect balance to something as serious as Classical guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie View Post
    I agree. When you get tired of dusting them off, guitars make great firewood! (JK)

Heh, heh, I never got hooked on the guitar when I played it in my teens. Wonder if the same would have happened if it had been the uke. Somehow I don't think so.

I"m a UKUHOLIC!!!!!, ok, that feels better now.

Sell Your guitars and buy more ukuleles... Yes Yes.....

HAHA, welcome to the UU. Soon enough you'll be getting a uke a month like a bad drug addiction!

Thread Information