Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kala concert 'ukulele with aquila strings

Default Kala concert 'ukulele with aquila strings

Hey everyone... I decided that it was time for me to get a better uke. I am planning to get a Kala concert Spruce 'ukulele model KA-SC with aquila strings, it sounds way better than the ghs strings for $150 including a hard case and book. Does anyone have a input?
    Last edited by hawaiianmusiclover06; 10-08-2008 at 02:28 PM.

I think its a good choice. I like my Kala's quite a bit and even ordered another.

What wood/model are you getting?
    Ukulele, the most fun I've had being bad at something!!!

Yup, the Aquila strings make mid-range-priced ukes sound much better than with the stock strings. I think you're making a good chhoice. I prefer a tenor because it makes more sound, but a concert is great too dpending on your own preference.

I have a Kala Concert KA-CE from MGM set up with aquilas and it sounds awesome. It's a good choice and well worth the cost imo.

I have two Kala ukes, both tenors with Aquila strings (both purchased from MGM). They are very well made, sound and look beautiful. You will love it.My review comments on Kala are here: www.ianchadwick.com/essays/ukuleles.htm
    Ian
    -------------------------------------------
    “Errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum, et tertium non datur. To err is human; to persevere in error is diabolical; there is no third option.”
    Seneca the Younger
    Ukulele reviews * Vintage Uke Music * Tequila * Henry Hudson * Harmonica reviews * Blog

How do you like the Kala? I just bought one, and it should be here monday. The link below is where I got it from. I called the shop first to see what they suggest, and the owner Michael highly recommended this uke.

http://cgi.ebay.com/KALA-KA-SC-solid...d=p3286.c0.m14

Quote Originally Posted by Bigg View Post
    How do you like the Kala? I just bought one, and it should be here monday. The link below is where I got it from. I called the shop first to see what they suggest, and the owner Michael highly recommended this uke.

http://cgi.ebay.com/KALA-KA-SC-solid...d=p3286.c0.m14
    Michael/Mic/Mike/MGM is a member here. If he picked that out for you, chances are, you'll be happy. Kalas are well liked.

Got the Kala today from MGM and it's awesome. Good person to deal with and great uke to play. Now I just need to practice because I think the uke now sounds better than I do...

I have the same Uke, Kala KA-SC with aquila strings and I love it... sounds great!

I was just looking at this uke at El Cerrito Music Works and was thinking of getting it. It's Solid Spruce, huh?
    "Motorboat? You play the motorboat?"

Thread Information