Questions about Pineapple Sunday and Sceptre.

Markr1

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity. How do you date a Pineapple Sunday and the Sceptre? When did they start making them and are they still making them? Does anyone know how many of them have been produced?
Thanks. Mark

Yes they are both still made. i just finished roughing a video with Andrew of HMS and hopefully he will post it soon as it compares the tenor sceptre the pineapple sunday and superconcert all in same video and strummed side by side.

I am not sure about dating them, I would think they have the same date stamp inside as their other models. Not sure when they started making them but they did make the scepter before they made the PS. Prettys sure they are still making them as for numbers I would think you would have to ask Koaloha for that kind of info.

The pineapple sunday was released before the sceptre Dnewton2 altbough he did think of the sceptre design first.

I am not sure about dating them, I would think they have the same date stamp inside as their other models. Not sure when they started making them but they did make the scepter before they made the PS. Prettys sure they are still making them as for numbers I would think you would have to ask Koaloha for that kind of info.

Hey dnewton2 and Mark,

To my knowledge, KoAloha doesn't date stamp either of these models. And I have owned two of each. They date stamp the rest of their models(don't know about the Jukulele) on the butt end of the neck which is visible inside the soundhole.

Thanks Dana, I couldn't find a date from looking thru the soundhole. It seems like I saw a thread one time on this and there was mention of them having the date written on the inside of the top which if I had a mirror I could check. That's probably not right but I thought I saw that somewhere.
Hey dnewton2 and Mark,

To my knowledge, KoAloha doesn't date stamp either of these models. And I have owned two of each. They date stamp the rest of their models(don't know about the Jukulele) on the butt end of the neck which is visible inside the soundhole.

God i want a sceptre and a pineapple sunday....................

This may well be sacrilige. Please bear in mind I have never played a Koaloha uke. What is so special about the sceptre and pineapple Sunday? I love the look of alot of their ukes but those two just don't float my boat aesthetically.

Beauty and sound are in the eyes/ears of the beholder. Some people looks upon these as dream ukes while others don't care for them. You're in the latter group. No harm there.

I own both and love them but don't care for the design of the Jukalele.

I called Koaloha after I got my Sceptre, wanting date/serial number information so I could add it to an insurance rider, and Brian told me that Papa KoAloha doesn't put dates/serial numbers on either the Pineapple Sunday or the Sceptre. I told him that I bought the Sceptre from Smiley and Janet in July 2011, and he told me that it had most likely been made in April 2011. That's as close as I can get to a date.

Regarding aesthetics, it is all personal. There are some folks here who say that they keep stabbing themselves with the Sceptre, but for me it fits just perfectly, and the way the sound resonates through my chest while I'm playing is unlike any other instrument I've ever tried.

I've played many other instruments, but this is (so far, at least) my Grail.

-Kurt​

Top Bottom