Thread: A plywood hanger my first woodworking project

Default A plywood hanger my first woodworking project

This year I took a fancy for woodworking. You know, the beginning of a new year is great for starting doing a new stuff especially when you have wanted to do it for a long time.

It occurred that the first thing to do that popped up in my head was a hanger for my ukes. I made them from plywood using mostly a jigsaw, sander block and some finishing wax. Of course, they don't look very good. It's my first try. But they perform their job nicely.

DSCN4300.jpg
    DSCN4301.jpg
    DSCN4299.jpg
    DSCN4306_rot.jpg

Actually, before making my hangers I tried to find hooks that many of you guys used for your hangers but in my little Russian provincial town they are unknown. To be honest, I didn't feel disappointed 'cause in that case I could use my new hobby to make them.

I saved a space right under Kala Soprano on the wall for the third uke Luna Maluhia (Peace) Concert which I'm expecting in the middle of January. I think they three will look lovely forming imaginary triangle on the wall.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Not to have much, not to use much, but to be much.
    Kala KA-S Luna Maluhia (Peace) Concert Lanikai LU-21T

very nice job. Looks good
    Enjoy life, it's temporary.

Nice ukulele holder! Have you considered placing some sort of material on the holder to avoid wood-to-wood contact? I have a clumsy gene and would be worried about scratching the neck of my uke on the holder.

Aloha vladim,
    Nice job and second the need to protect the uke's neck from scratches.........................BO.............. ...
    Uku Itch: Live It, Love It, Share It
    Mele: My Song, My Joy, My uke....
    Proud Designer and Owner of the "B&D Special" and the "Maui Kai" by Willie Wixom

Nice Job,....I am sure you can line the hook part with on side sticking foam tape for protection...ingenuninity is the mother of all inventions...

Ukulele hangers are not exactly stocked on the shelves of stores in the US either. The ones you made are lovely.
    Ukes: Mainland mahogany tenor, Eleuke Tenor Solid Cutaway Sunburst
    Guitars: Yamaha GS-90, Marcario flamenco negra, Cordoba Protege 3/4

I think they look just fine, I would consider some sort of felt or padding to keep it from scratching though... Otherwise great job.

As always, you're the best, guys! How kind of you to worry about the wholeness of the necks of my ukes. Thank God there are no scratches on them so far. But now I'm definitely gonna protect these parts of the ukuleles and put some felt-like material on the holders.
    Not to have much, not to use much, but to be much.
    Kala KA-S Luna Maluhia (Peace) Concert Lanikai LU-21T

Yeah, I would be concerned about scratches where the ukulele is touching the ply. However, it appears you did a fantastic job of making one. I think I may invest my time into making a similar product in Feb!
    'With my little ukulele in my hands' ~ George Formby
    My Youtube Channel!
    'If everybody played the 'ukulele, the world would be a better place' ~ Jake Shimabukuro
    Uke-ular Blast Comedy Pop Medley!

Mahalo U320T ~ 'Maboo'
    Kala Electric Solid Koa Top Tenor ~ 'Bruce'

Thread Information