Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A collection of 50 ukulele licks

I just down loaded using Chrome. IE was acting weird.

I agree with Olarte. Best $10 ever spent, now if I can only sit down and go through it all!

Thanks for putting this collection together. Can't wait to use them. And really, $10 for this, it's a steal.

Purchased! Great collection, and very reasonably priced!
    My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DoctorFinlay43

Ohana CK-50WG concert
    Lepore Zebra wood tenor (taisamlu)
    Ashbury 8 string tenor
    Makala Dolphin
    Eleuke Peanut (from Mim!)

Learning French? Check out my website! http://www.interactivetextbooks.co.uk
    Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InteractiveTextbooks

Guys I left this topic a few days ago and... wow. You can't even imagine how happy I am getting through your amazing words! I really appreciate it! Can I publish some of your post on the website as well? I'd love to fill the footer with "From the UU Forums".

I decided to update the whole thing thanks to all the hints I received so far so expect a quick update real soon. I'm going to send discounts to everybody who bought the licks so you can have the latest version at no cost (but more in general, I want to offer free lifetime updates to everyone supporting my stuff, you only have to download again the new material).

In particular I want to add fingering and a little bit of music theory. Also, the usage of these licks in several keys would be a nice addition. Obviously all the suggestions I received will be kept in mind for the second volume of my collection. So far... I believe the blues and pop licks are the most popular but really, let me know which ones are your favourite so I can focus a little more on some genres instead of other ones.

Regarding the IE issue... I know. It sucks. But when I was doing the website I just loved too much Google fonts so I decided to incorporate them. Now, the bad thing is that actually IE is the only browser behaving in bad a way when it gets to stuff like that. In fact, I've tried with the majority of the browsers out there and it works fine... Even mobile devices can visualize it properly. So I've added at the bottom of the page the list of browsers (Firefox, Safari, Opera and Chrome).

As for the Paypal issue, sometimes it just goes down and it won't let you log in. Also, a few people wrote me that the Paypal page shows up in Italian. I'm working on it but... I believe there's not a lot I can do about it. Maybe change some setting on their website... I'll try it as soon as I can.

PS: Again... sorry if I broke some words here and there, this was my first experience in releasing some instructional material in english! Hopefully next time will be better : )
    qualsiasi cosa tocca lui la distrugge

Great news about he free updates. Specially about different keys, less montonous and more useful.

Also how about some jazzy licks?

Thanks again,
    Ivan
    YouTube channel
    Personal blog

Instead of anticipating the goal, learn to enjoy the Journey for this is where we spend 99.9% of our time.
    The Journey is the reward...

Jontom--I love licks and an so down with this. I use Chrome.

But, when I go to your website, it asks for Euros. I live in USA. and when I try to use Paypal to check out, it's in Italian and still Euros. Help! I live in the USA and use dollars and speak English.
    Martin Sopranos: 0M: 30, 64 ---
    1M: 22Dit, 23Dit, 24Dit, 49, 55--1K 26
    2M: 22, 23Dit, 23Dit, 49, 60, 12 --- 2K: 25, 12
    3M: 25, 48, 55x2, 12(ch) 3K: 29
    The Gibsons: Styles 2&3 28;1&2&3x3 27;UB1 25
    Tonk American 28; Favilla 55; Smeck Vita 30; Kamaka Gold Deluxe 60
    Kiwaya Thinline KS-0P Soprano; Gretsch American 30
    Covered Bridge Honduran Hog tenor
    Pono Maple Tenor, BE Acacia Bari & MS Sop

As for the Euros, it shouldn't count when you go to checkout... Paypal automatically converts the currency so the only thing is that actually you don't see the price in dollars. But we can work it out... I can always write the price in dollars beside the Euros... I'm going to do it right away.

As for the jazzy licks, I already thought about it. It might be cool but everytime I played some jazz it was all about different chord shapes. I know it's my limit but I'll see what I can do.
    qualsiasi cosa tocca lui la distrugge

I definitely want these--and your English is great. The coconut lick is especially pretty and very Hawaiian vamp. VOGLIO che loro! In fact, I now have them. Fantastico! I'm off to learn that coconuts lick asap.
    Last edited by Gwynedd; 03-23-2012 at 12:04 AM.
    Ukes: Mainland mahogany tenor, Eleuke Tenor Solid Cutaway Sunburst
    Guitars: Yamaha GS-90, Marcario flamenco negra, Cordoba Protege 3/4

Thread Information