Hello america!

UkuLeLesReggAe

Reaction score
Well. I'M BACK!
For all those who don't know who I am, I'm a pest, but to all those who have been around since the first months, still a pest!

I go on the forum every now and again, but watch every video. I recognise about 2 users in every 30 I see, now.

Anyway, I know this is going to be a broad thread, and like most of my others, it'll probably get locked, but I've matured a lot since I was last here..

None the less, I'm coming over from Australia to America in June, and want to know what there is to do! It'd more than likely be in LA before I head down to Mexico for 1 month etc etc, but thought it'd be great to speak to the locals (or some what of a local (people who have been) - I won't be 21, so I can't drink, and have been advised a fake id isn't the best of ideas.
I can find stuff on the net, but it's mainly tours around studio's, which I don't have too much interest in, to be blunt.

Just some general stuff, then google will fix the rest, probably won't stay for long, week or two.

If it turns into a dud thread, tell me what your favourite things to do in LA are...

Anyway - Hope you've all been well!

*edit
it's my 4th year anniversary - that's a long time...

I see my doctors in LA, I live two hours away. My favorite thing to do is visit the beach after. I go to the Santa Monica pier. Very beautiful. I've also visited the Hollywood Walk of Fame, pretty neat.

What do you like to do? There is something for everybody here.

If you like vintage cars, motorcycles, etc there is the Peterson Museum. It is not far from the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, and the La Brea Tar Pits.

If you like to hike, there is Temescal Canyon, and Will Rogers State Historic Park. They have horses to rent at Will Rogers, and there is a path to Inspiration Point. It is a fairly easy walk as well. Both are off of Sunset Blvd, and not far from the beach.

Santa Monica's Third Street Promenade is very popular with tourists and locals, along with the Santa Monica Pier.

Dodger Stadium is a beautiful baseball venue. If you go for a day game, get a seat in the shade. If it is a night game, bring a jacket, even it it was a hot day.

Griffith Park Observatory is a scenic spot, and many movies have been filmed there. There are lots of science displays there and planetarium show.

The Greek Theatre and Hollywood Bowl are both nice outdoor music venues. Disney Hall is very nice indoor venue for music with it's distintive architecture, and it is downtown.

If you can give us more info on your interests, I might be able to come up with more ideas.

The Getty Museums are also great attractions.

Hope you have fun in LA!
–Lori

Top Bottom