Thread: datuner - android app

Default datuner - android app

Anyone looking for a tuner alternative there is a free app called datuner. Just downloaded it yesterday. Seems to be accurate and if your tuner ever bresks a good backup.
    Kamaka Concert (MiSi Acoustic Trio)
    Kala Mahogany Soprano
    Makala Dolphin Orange Burst (JJB PPS-100 peezio pickup)
    Islander Concert by Kanilea MC-4

I'd also recommend the gStrings free tuner app for the droid. It works really great.
    I got my wife, my dogs, and my Kanile'a. What else would I need?

I'm not technologically-savvy enough for a smart phone, but I always wondered: how do those app tuners work? Do they go off the sound, or the vibration? Do they work in loud environments?

Just curious!
    Riddler: You and your trained, exploding shark!
    Penguin: How was I supposed to know they'd have a can of shark repellent Bat-spray handy?

Youtube #1! http://www.youtube.com/user/austinlove1
    Youtube #2! http://www.youtube.com/user/tinafishes

I moved to Mongolia! And I'm blogging about it! http://kulturschocked.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by austin1 View Post
    I'm not technologically-savvy enough for a smart phone, but I always wondered: how do those app tuners work? Do they go off the sound, or the vibration? Do they work in loud environments?

Just curious!
    Great question Licy!
    As the proud owner of a new Droid, I will get the apps, check it out, and report back to you. I am curious to see how well they work, as I have many more ukuleles than tuners, and I often find myself with an ukulele but no tuner, but I usually do have my phone with me at those times.
    1:5255
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string
    Nothin' left to do but : ) : ) : )

Quote Originally Posted by austin1 View Post

Just curious!
    They go off the sound, using the phone's mic.

I've compared the results of my droid gStrings tuner with a Snark clip on and they were in agreement with one another, so either the Snark is as iffy as a phone app, or the phone app is as accurate as a Snark.
    I got my wife, my dogs, and my Kanile'a. What else would I need?

Quote Originally Posted by PoiDog View Post
    They go off the sound, using the phone's mic.

I've compared the results of my droid gStrings tuner with a Snark clip on and they were in agreement with one another, so either the Snark is as iffy as a phone app, or the phone app is as accurate as a Snark.
    I just did this same comparison, in a completely quiet room. When the Snark registered as spot-on, gStrings showed the C and E strings as being slightly sharp (but was in agreement with the Snark on the G and A strings). My ear is not nearly sensitive enough to be able to tell which was correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Pueo View Post
    Great question Licy!
    As the proud owner of a new Droid, I will get the apps, check it out, and report back to you. I am curious to see how well they work, as I have many more ukuleles than tuners, and I often find myself with an ukulele but no tuner, but I usually do have my phone with me at those times.
    What kind of droid did you get Damon?

I DLed a tuner app, but haven't used it yet. I do know they go off sound and I was messing with our guitar player last night at kinship. He has an ipad with the tuner and while he was tuning up, I was hitting the strings to mess with his tuner

I have used DaTuner since I got a droid.
    And have also done some tests vs. various tuners.
    My testresults showed a surprising accuracy. On par with all my tuners..
    I'm running a beta version with some added features.

For what it is it's a perfect 10 in my book.
    Jupiter Creek Steel string ukulele soprano/concert,
    Harley Benton Eleuke Tenor Natural glossy,
    Eleuke Peanut , Cordoba 20CM Mahogany Concert, Yamaha GL1
    Morgan St-1 (rewired with 1 humbucker straight to jack for no noise or hum), Hohner steel string acoustic guitar, Harley Benton Banjo 5 string
    Roland Micro Cube (2watt amp with lots of amp sims and effects, LOUD 2 watts though), iPad2 loaded with music apps(basically setup as a portastudio), Laptop setup as a DAW...

Thread Information