"Mail Myself To You"

H

Hippie Dribble

Woody Guthrie. one of the many wonderful songs he wrote for children.

I recorded this today in Eugenie's painting room on the very first uke I ever bought back in 2006, a lil painted sky blue mahalo soprano. I've been playing this for years, both to kids and old folks and it just seems to be one of those tunes that people warm to be they 1 or 91. Hope you enjoy it too and cheers for watching gang. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMXLWz_lYRI

Jon, welcome back. It wasn't the same around here without you. Can't watch the vid yet 'cause I'm out and about, but I'm sure it's stellar like all the rest. Cheers.

all good fun stuff

Yeah mate the enthusiasm you have when playing is contagious, loved it!

Its so good to have you back, Jon. You were definitely missed! I really enjoyed the song. You are amazing!!

Good to see you back & recording again! :) Happy New Year!!

Roberta

thanks guys, for all your generous comments and warm greetings. Yeah, the 3 weeks without the computer sure felt like an eternity, missed all of you and the sharing we do on the forums here.

I got to say I've pretty much had to give up recording in HD. The connection we have here out at the farm is so painfully slow...I recorded all these Guthrie tunes over the break and I just can't upload them...even a 2 minute song was taking nearly 8 hours to upload, and then, once it was done, was marked as 'failed.aborted' everytime I tried. gonna have to do em all again unfortunately.

anyway, thanks so much gang; great to be back on the UU and hope the new year is treating you all well thus far :)

Aloha Jon,
woo hoo welcome back and a nice welcome back song too...loved it...May you and your family have a wonderful 2012....missed you....

Jon, great video, it should make anyone watching smile. Oh, by the way, you rock that Mahalo.

Top Bottom