Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: classical guitar strings

Quote Originally Posted by bdukes View Post
    I use HARD for g then normal for CEA.
    Thanks. That's what I ordered along with a set of uke J71s. Musician's Friend has the single T2s for 99¢ each and the J71 set for $4. These will be my first string changes.
    Kanile'a K-1 Tenor Premium Handcrafted in Kane'ohe, Hawaii
    Wixom Custom TenorRedwood top, Koa sides & back, low G

Folks, has anyone tried the Addario Low G set strings? I heard they have wound G strings which I prefer.

Thank you for the feedback and I ask only because they are the only ones available in my area and there are very few, very few music stores that carry a good variety of ukulele strings. Don't have a lot of time to drive around looking for a good set as I am working on a school paper for graduation and am apprehensive ordering on the web. Have been burned before.

Where do you live?

The low G sets I've been trailing now are Hilo's. A guitar like sound that many who want the low G seem to prefer.

I get most of my strings from Elderly Instruments. Ordered on line and have always had excellent service.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingflee View Post
    Folks, has anyone tried the Addario Low G set strings? I heard they have wound G strings which I prefer.

Thank you for the feedback and I ask only because they are the only ones available in my area and there are very few, very few music stores that carry a good variety of ukulele strings. Don't have a lot of time to drive around looking for a good set as I am working on a school paper for graduation and am apprehensive ordering on the web. Have been burned before.
    What's the set designation for the low G D'Addario? They have the D-J71TG (Titanium, low G) but I'm not sure which string was used to make the set. It does say silver wound. The D-EJ87T is the Titanium set.

Nana ka maka; ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
    pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes; listen with the ears; shut the mouth.
    Thus one learns.

Hello folks, I have been learning to play the ukulele since my last post on Low G tuning. I am now getting the hang of it and beginning to have fun. Currently I have Pro Artes EXP normals am I love the mellow, sweet sound my Pono has finally come up with.

Thank you folks for your patience. Priceless!

Now back to school work

Thread Information