I played that song in a music store on a ukulele

gyrocapt

Reaction score
Yes, i went into a music store in toronto, picked up a Kala archtop tenor, plugged it into the nearest amp and started to play stairway to heavan. It felt sooooooooooo good, and it sounded ok as well. Next time its gonna have to be something really fancy. Any ideas.

Go with either Flight of the Bumblebee, Peaches en Regalia, or La Villa Strangiato

Its amazing to see peoples faces when they realize that what there hearing is coming from a ukulele and not a guitar, Thanks for the ideas, Flight of the bumblebee sounds good

"Wheels on The Bus" -- RAP version.

I like the quintet from Rigoleto.

I had a fairly the same experience. I've been to a music shop in Essex and picked up an Applause soprano, connected it on the nearest amp and played Crazy G. I did enjoy the expressions of people when they realise it is not a guitar. At least they have an idea now how powerful a ukulele can be ha ha ha.

I wonder if Stairway has been "banned" for so long that people are starting to miss it.

Yes, i went into a music store in toronto, picked up a Kala archtop tenor, plugged it into the nearest amp and started to play stairway to heavan. It felt sooooooooooo good, and it sounded ok as well. Next time its gonna have to be something really fancy. Any ideas.
How about that old family favourite "Cut your toe nails you're tearing all the sheets."...... btw gyrocapt which store in Toronto please.?

I like to pick up a uke at the music store and start playing some Genesis, usually something from Supper's Ready. The guy at the counter will think he knows the song, but won't place it because he doesn't expect it to come from a uke.

It was Long and Mcquade, they dont seem to be happy in their work there.

They dont have many Ukes there, and i was there a month ago and they told me that the Kala Archtop was impossible to get

i thought that was part of your stringed instrument rights of passage.

i got asked to leave for doing it in a dawsons on a guitar. i only ever learned the first 4-8 bars, didn't think i needed more :)

Thank you gyrocapt,
There is a branch in Burlington I believe that have ukes and I am told the staff are happy also. It is 1 hour from where I live.

Thank you gyrocapt,
There is a branch in Burlington I believe that have ukes and I am told the staff are happy also. It is 1 hour from where I live.
I normaly go to the Burlington store, they have a better selection and the people there are really helpful

I did this in some random humongous music store in Vancouver, WA once. I was half trying to get thrown out. But people actually kinda gathered around. Maybe as long as it's on a uke, it's cool. Just like every other song :)

Top Bottom