Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I played that song in a music store on a ukulele

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocapt View Post
    Yes, i went into a music store in toronto, picked up a Kala archtop tenor, plugged it into the nearest amp and started to play stairway to heavan. It felt sooooooooooo good, and it sounded ok as well. Next time its gonna have to be something really fancy. Any ideas.
    How about that old family favourite "Cut your toe nails you're tearing all the sheets."...... btw gyrocapt which store in Toronto please.?

I like to pick up a uke at the music store and start playing some Genesis, usually something from Supper's Ready. The guy at the counter will think he knows the song, but won't place it because he doesn't expect it to come from a uke.
    Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

It was Long and Mcquade, they dont seem to be happy in their work there.

They dont have many Ukes there, and i was there a month ago and they told me that the Kala Archtop was impossible to get

i thought that was part of your stringed instrument rights of passage.

i got asked to leave for doing it in a dawsons on a guitar. i only ever learned the first 4-8 bars, didn't think i needed more

Thank you gyrocapt,
    There is a branch in Burlington I believe that have ukes and I am told the staff are happy also. It is 1 hour from where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by haole View Post
    I wonder if Stairway has been "banned" for so long that people are starting to miss it.
    Not me. I do believe I could go the rest of my life without hearing it ever again and not be troubled in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by 1931jim View Post
    Thank you gyrocapt,
    There is a branch in Burlington I believe that have ukes and I am told the staff are happy also. It is 1 hour from where I live.
    I normaly go to the Burlington store, they have a better selection and the people there are really helpful

I go test out ukes and either the clerks pull me aside and tell me to stop 'cause I'm scaring the customers away or other people laugh and say "That's why it's not a real instrument!" lol

I did this in some random humongous music store in Vancouver, WA once. I was half trying to get thrown out. But people actually kinda gathered around. Maybe as long as it's on a uke, it's cool. Just like every other song

Thread Information