Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jim Beloff (Flea Market Music) Needs Your Help.

I wanted to know the chords to Jim's own song "Where Did the Summer Go" to play at tomorrow night's SJUC meeting and I couldn't find them anywhere, so I emailed him and he graciously sent me a rough song sheet, saying that the song will be in his next music book. Kudos to Mr. Beloff!
    Gillian
    ~KoAloha longneck soprano (KSM-02)
    ~Kamaka Longneck Concert(HF2-LK)
    ~Compass Rose custom tenor
    ~Compass Rose custom microjumbo tenor
    ~Blackbird BTU tenor
    ~Romero Creations Tiny Tenor (koa)
    ~Duke 10 tenor banjo ukulele

~Ohana OBU-22 fretless bass ukulele

My YouTube channel

I will buy the new edition in a heartbeat. So much good stuff in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by itsme View Post
    ____ _____
    ---Tom---

Soprano, No Brand Name, Beginner Uke
    Soprano, Long Neck (Concert scale), KALA KS-SLNG
    Soprano, OHANA, SK-38
    Soprano, Long Neck (Concert scale), KoALOHA
    Concert, OHANA, CK-35G
    Tenor, OHANA, TK-80
    Soprano, GOLD TONE, Banjolele

If you contact Beth Dee at Flea Market Music, you can get placed on the pre-order list to get a copy hot off the presses. The book is scheduled to be released next month. Here is the contact in: sales@fleamarketmusic.com or (800)459-5558

Ditto that. Hoping to grab one at TBUG. It's such a great resource.
    "play till you don't suck no more" ~Chuck Deyo "I think it's cool you turned one of your 'some day I'm gonna's into a 'today I did.' " ~RichM "Self care is not failure." ~JerBear "It is impossible to reason with people who do not rely on reason." ~ mascompro "You make your own magic." ~ Mim"The riff-raff are my people." ~ Joko

Other people's opinions of me are none of my business.

Quote Originally Posted by kim009 View Post
    If you contact Beth Dee at Flea Market Music, you can get placed on the pre-order list to get a copy hot off the presses. The book is scheduled to be released next month. Here is the contact in: sales@fleamarketmusic.com or (800)459-5558

I just spoke to Beth and got on the list. She says Jim expects to release the book end of October, and has a list price of $34.95 so far. Says it's 400-some pages.
    Sopranos: Mainland Red Cedar, Koalana, bruceweiart
    Concerts: KoAloha

I hope his first print is a big quantity! This in a much anticipated book.

But what I really, REALLY want is a sequel to the "Lute to Uke" book. Jim was right in saying there's not that much out there for classical, but this book was outstanding and there is so much more stuff to be transcribed. Tony Mizen did an excellent job on it and I'd like to see more.
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Baroque-Uk...+mizen+baroque

It comes out in TWO DAYS!
    Ukes: Lanikai O-8E, aNueNue Khaya Mahogany III, Eleuke Tenor Pineapple, Luna Great Wave Soprano
    Other strings: Cecilio Electric Violin, Traveler EG-1, Gretsch 5120, Wizard Classical Guitar, Rover Traveler, 35-String Harp, Dean Backwoods 3 Banjo, Stetson mandolin, Fender Mark Hoppus Signature Bass
    Keyboards: Knabe 1881-1885 Upright Grand, Hammond Home Organ, Komplete 8, No Name Hammered Dulcimer, Oscar Schmidt Autoharp

Quote Originally Posted by Lideruke View Post
    Had a ukulele club gettogether tonight at the local music shop, and the shop's ukulele guy said the new Daily Ukulele will be available some time next month!
    Glad to hear this, it'll give me something to do, learn more songs and continue with my daily postings!
    Astrid/Unknown Brand || Lilo/Ohana SK10S || Rhea/Luna Tattoo Pineapple || Hoa/Koa Pili Koko || Hope/Tanglewood TU1 CE || Kupuna/Eleuke Rosewood 100 Series || Joy/Poiple Flea || Cora/Clearwater Vita

Joey @ 4 Ukulele - My Ukulele Journey Blog || The Rocking Dodars || Bug Books: Joey Paul Online || "Like" me on FaceBook

Quote Originally Posted by Lideruke View Post
    I just spoke to Beth and got on the list. She says Jim expects to release the book end of October, and has a list price of $34.95 so far. Says it's 400-some pages.
    Hope I can get hold of a copy...time to start saving my pennies!
    Astrid/Unknown Brand || Lilo/Ohana SK10S || Rhea/Luna Tattoo Pineapple || Hoa/Koa Pili Koko || Hope/Tanglewood TU1 CE || Kupuna/Eleuke Rosewood 100 Series || Joy/Poiple Flea || Cora/Clearwater Vita

Joey @ 4 Ukulele - My Ukulele Journey Blog || The Rocking Dodars || Bug Books: Joey Paul Online || "Like" me on FaceBook

Thread Information