Page 968 of 4204 FirstFirst ... 4688689189589669679689699709781018106814681968 ... LastLast
Results 9,671 to 9,680 of 42039

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 10!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleElvis View Post
    KEEL! KEEEEEEEL!

l KEEL YOU!
    I will accept this only if you finally explain it to me...
    -Andy

YouTube|Twitter|E-Mail|The Blog|Facebook
    They're all snipes. Usually Seeso snipes them. He just tried it but didn't get it. HA! -sukie
    Katie replied, "You poho people are like drug addicts and you're each others drugs".- salukulady

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post

JOHNNY!!!

Has the prodigal returned or is this just a drive-by?
    1:99
    The PoHo Store

We've got a ukulele cool that can't be faked. -hoosierhiver
    ...if being a good person was easy no one would be a dick. -skitzic
    I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

I am pooped! I did not sleep well last night! Dont read this if you dont want to hear my mindlessly prattling on about just... AWESOMENESS! A day of AWESOMENESS!!!

Ok... WE CLOSED!

And at closing me and the lawyer got to talking about ukes and he is gonna trade me will drafting services for 2 ukes for his sons! WOOT WOOT! This is the 2nd time I have been offered a barter in ONE DAY! I LOVE bartering. Because it is so win win and happy making! And everyone is happy and everyone is friends and life is good!

And the lawyer told me they are starting a uke education group locally (this is an hour away, so not a town I would have an in with) and is gonna hook me up with the lady who runs it! DOUBLE WOOT WOOT! And maybe I could come and sell ukes... WOOT WOOT!

Went to the elementary school and the pricipal there is made of AWESOMENESS! AND... she says she is gonna help me get Yonas in his age-appropriate grade even if it does not show it on his birth certificate! I LOVE SMALL TOWNS!!! She said "HE NEEDS TO BE WITH HIS AGE GROUP!" And she agrees, 5th graders should not have mustaches and changing voices. And the heavens opened and the angels sang and I can thiiiiiiiis close to hugging her.

AND... they are ranked in the top 8% of school in Virginia! AWESOME!

And the secretary called the bus garage and found out my kids bus number and even the name of their bus driver and put me on the phone with the lady at the bus garage and she says "Just yall stand out there and he cant miss ya!" She KNEW the bus driver, she was SO casual, she asked where we were moving and KNEW where we lived. The nurse came out and was SUPER nice! Said to let her know if there is anything she can do to help and everyone seemed so happy to have my kids on board and they actually seemed pleased to have some ethnic diversity! Seriously... AWESOME!

Then... we get back to the house to find my dad already re-grading the driveway (which he thought would take the rest of the day and then some of the next, but turns out we had a ton of gravel, just the people had no sense to fill in their holes... so no need to buy gravel for a HUGE driveway, double hooray) and then immediately moving to bush hogging the field while the kids stood on his flat bed trailer and danced while I opened all the windows and aired the house out, and it smells better already!

The power gets turned on Monday. We are gonna get an electricial out and he will get all that strait. Levi is agreeing to move the washing machine (this is a big deal to me and he is excited about it) The house still needs a new roof, the floors still slope, the bathroom still has the weirdest fabric stapled to the wall, someone broke a glass panel off the back door and broke in, but slept and left, oh well... there is the most random junk in my Mim's Ukes shop... BUT... it is mine!

The kids were hovering. I said, "Guys! Go do something!" They said "Where can we go?" I said, "Anywhere, this is your home now!" 2 went to pet the donkeys, 3 went in the woods, and 2 went to find "gold"... they did not find gold, but darn those sparkley rocks because they are already sitting on my kitchen counter where Nolan thinks he found a fortune. But... so good for them! Ahhhh! Kids, outside, having fun!

Then we went to Bingo. Raises money for the community center and they sell slices of homemade dessert and I had the best chocolate cheesecake EVER! Then I answered e-mails and returned calls. And now the 4 hours of sleep is catching up with me!

I cant wait until we get the house fixed and we are all up there together as a family! BUT... for now... it is nice to be able to do something. We already knocked down the ugly railings on our overlook, we are starting a burn pile, and tomorrow I get the junk out of my Mim's Ukes office, shamoo the carpet, and wash some things down. SPOOOOOOOL excited yall! Seriously... this was meant to be my house...

Oh, speaking of, wanna hear something amazing. When I went to put my final offer in, the number "Did not look right?" (We were in a bidding war with 2 other people, so highest offer went). I sat there with that offer page in my hand just looking at it. It was a number I was comfortable with, it was a proper offer for the situation, on the good side, but it looked and felt wrong. Said a prayer. And felt like I needed to add $300 to it. Then it looked right. "Yep!" I thought..."This is the offer".

The realtor told me I made just the right offer but said he would not tell me how close I was to the other offer until closing. I asked him if I would laugh. He said, "just... it was the "RIGHT" offer!"

Guess how close?

$200!!!!!!!!!!!

BEST $300 extra bucks spent EVER!
    Was it meant to be or was it meant to be?!!!!???! Be it God, Karma, or the Universe... something happened there. It just did. The whole thing from me even finding the silly house. Just the whole thing. Like everything. Like the coolest thing ever. Guys, sometimes sucky things happen for a reason... not always... but sometimes they do. Aloha Snow turned out to be 2 years of a dark abyss of suckyness and uncertainty and things sucked so things could line up for this. I thought, "Why did I feel like Aloha Snow was so right and now it is turning otu so wrong?". Because... it was part of the journey. I cant help but feel that!

Ok... I will stop chattering on and gushing, or whatever. I am done now!

I will just leave you with a couple pics:

Me and my new love

And now the work begins... he was too fast for me, but that is my dad bush hogging around the flatbed dancing kids! Ha!

Last edited by Mim; 03-09-2012 at 04:58 PM.
    www.mimsukes.com... facebook... twitter... Youtube: For Fun... Youtube: Business...
    You're an awesome maniac! -Mark Stay weird, Mim. -RichM
    ...perhaps your quality expectation looks different from me. -PK

Quote Originally Posted by Mim View Post
    I am pooped! I did not sleep well last night! Dont read this if you dont want to hear my mindlessly prattling on about just... AWESOMENESS! A day of AWESOMENESS!!!

Ok... WE CLOSED!

And at closing me and the lawyer got to talking about ukes and he is gonna trade me will drafting services for 2 ukes for his sons! WOOT WOOT! This is the 2nd time I have been offered a barter in ONE DAY! I LOVE bartering. Because it is so win win and happy making! And everyone is happy and everyone is friends and life is good!

And the lawyer told me they are starting a uke education group locally and is gonna hook me up with the lady who runs it! DOUBLE WOOT WOOT! And maybe I could come and sell ukes... WOOT WOOT!

Went to the elementary school and the pricipal there is made of AWESOMENESS! AND... she says she is gonna help me get Yonas in his age-appropriate grade even if it does not show it on his birth certificate! I LOVE SMALL TOWNS!!! She said "HE NEEDS TO BE WITH HIS AGE GROUP!" And she agrees, 5th graders should not have mustaches and changing voices. And the heavens opened and the angels sang and I can thiiiiiiiis close to hugging her.

AND... they are ranked in the top 8% of school in Virginia! AWESOME!

And the secretary called the bus garage and found out my kids bus number and even the name of their bus driver and put me on the phone with the lady at the bus garage and she says "Just yall stand out there and he cant miss ya!" She KNEW the bus driver, she was SO casual, she asked where we were moving and KNEW where we lived. The nurse came out and was SUPER nice! Said to let her know if there is anything she can do to help and everyone seemed so happy to have my kids on board and they actually seemed pleased to have some ethnic diversity! Seriously... AWESOME!

Then... we get back to the house to find my dad already re-grading the driveway (which he thought would take the rest of the day and then some of the next, but turns out we had a ton of gravel, just the people had no sense to fill in their holes... so no need to buy gravel for a HUGE driveway, double hooray) and then immediately moving to bush hogging the field while the kids stood on his flat bed trailer and danced while I opened all the windows and aired the house out, and it smells better already!

The power gets turned on Monday. We are gonna get an electricial out and he will get all that strait. Levi is agreeing to move the washing machine (this is a big deal to me and he is excited about it) The house still needs a new roof, the floors still slope, the bathroom still has the weirdest fabric stapled to the wall, someone broke a glass panel off the back door and broke in, but slept and left, oh well... there is the most random junk in my Mim's Ukes shop... BUT... it is mine!

The kids were hovering. I said, "Guys! Go do something!" They said "Where can we go?" I said, "Anywhere, this is your home now!" 2 went to pet the donkeys, 3 went in the woods, and 2 went to find "gold"... they did not find gold, but darn those sparkley rocks because they are already sitting on my kitchen counter where Nolan thinks he found a fortune. But... so good for them! Ahhhh! Kids, outside, having fun!

Then we went to Bingo. Raises money for the community center and they sell slices of homemade dessert and I had the best chocolate cheesecake EVER! Then I answered e-mails and returned calls. And now the 4 hours of sleep is catching up with me!

I cant wait until we get the house fixed and we are all up there together as a family! BUT... for now... it is nice to be able to do something. We already knocked down the ugly railings on our overlook, we are starting a burn pile, and tomorrow I get the junk out of my Mim's Ukes office, shamoo the carpet, and wash some things down. SPOOOOOOOL excited yall! Seriously... this was meant to be my house...

Oh, speaking of, wanna hear something amazing. When I went to put my final offer in, the number "Did not look right?" (We were in a bidding war with 2 other people, so highest offer went). I sat there with that offer page in my hand just looking at it. It was a number I was comfortable with, it was a proper offer for the situation, on the good side, but it looked and felt wrong. Said a prayer. And felt like I needed to add $300 to it. Then it looked right. "Yep!" I thought..."This is the offer".

The realtor told me I made just the right offer but said he would not tell me how close I was to the other offer until closing. I asked him if I would laugh. He said, "just... it was the "RIGHT" offer!"

Guess how close?

$200!!!!!!!!!!!

BEST $300 extra bucks spent EVER!
    Was it meant to be or was it meant to be?!!!!???! Like the coolest thing ever. Guys, sometimes sucky things happen for a reason... not always... but sometimes they do. Aloha Snow turned out to be 2 years of a dark abyss of suckyness and uncertainty and things sucked so things could line up for this. I cant help but feel that!

Ok... I will stop chattering on and gushing, or whatever. I am done now!

I will just leave you with a couple pics:

Me and my new love

And now the work begins... he was too fast for me, but that is my dad bush hogging around the flatbed dancing kids! Ha!

[[[[[[[[[[[[Mim]]]]]]]]]]]] The place is beautiful, and i am spooool jealous, and happy for you at the same time.

is that going to be a drive in Uke shop?
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    " Playing a small instrument shouldn't make you small-minded." --Ronin
    "Going to a field in a rural area to meet people you met on the internet? What could be wrong with that." --Ukulelerob

KoAloha ksm-00 Soprano, Paulele K-BUS Bamboo Soprano, Kanaloa KS-P Soprano Pineapple, Ukadelic Purple KA-SSWIRLS Soprano, Waikiki WCR-70 Concert Camp

9:23688

Quote Originally Posted by mascompro View Post
    [[[[[[[[[[[[Mim]]]]]]]]]]]] The place is beautiful, and i am spooool jealous, and happy for you at the same time.

is that going to be a drive in Uke shop?
    Yes! Come see me!!!

Mim's Ukes at The Burrow on Buffalo Mountain in Floyd Virginia... COMING SOON!

Seriously my dream place. I cant tell you how long I have wanted this but NEVER thought I would be able to afford this. This is a random blessing of a bad economy. It should have been scooped up forever ago, but it was getting run down before they ever dropped the price and people cant afford to move to the mountains because there are so few jobs. So no one bit. Then when they did drop the price there were 3 bites but glad we "won"!
    www.mimsukes.com... facebook... twitter... Youtube: For Fun... Youtube: Business...
    You're an awesome maniac! -Mark Stay weird, Mim. -RichM
    ...perhaps your quality expectation looks different from me. -PK

Words do not express. I am just so happy for you, and the opportunity to have been along for the ride? What a great thing to read! Congratulations you you and Levi and all the kids!
    1:99
    The PoHo Store

We've got a ukulele cool that can't be faked. -hoosierhiver
    ...if being a good person was easy no one would be a dick. -skitzic
    I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

Yes! Come see me!!!

Mim's Ukes at The Burrow on Buffalo Mountain in Floyd Virginia... COMING SOON!

Seriously my dream place. I cant tell you how long I have wanted this but NEVER thought I would be able to afford this. This is a random blessing of a bad economy. It should have been scooped up forever ago, but it was getting run down before they ever dropped the price and people cant afford to move to the mountains because there are so few jobs. So no one bit. Then when they did drop the price there were 3 bites but glad we "won"!
    Google says 5 hours. I see a uke jam at The Burrow on Buffalo Mountain in my future.
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    " Playing a small instrument shouldn't make you small-minded." --Ronin
    "Going to a field in a rural area to meet people you met on the internet? What could be wrong with that." --Ukulelerob

KoAloha ksm-00 Soprano, Paulele K-BUS Bamboo Soprano, Kanaloa KS-P Soprano Pineapple, Ukadelic Purple KA-SSWIRLS Soprano, Waikiki WCR-70 Concert Camp

9:23688

Yay, Mim! Awesomeness!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mailman View Post
    Stick the computer in the freezer overnight. That should take care of any potential eggs, right?
    dishwasher... gentle cycle... heated dry.
    http://tampabayukulele.com for TBUG info
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jtpokie for my videos
    and http://www.nightgig.com for my Drawing the Wrong Conclusions Podcast
    love,

That Guy 1:94

Thread Information