Kanilea K5 Custom

mm stan

Mystery Man
UU VIP
Reaction score
Here is the highest and most elusive custom Kanilea puts out...they don't even advertise this baby...hope you enjoy..:)
085.jpg
forgot I even had this photo...yeah, ha ha

Come on Stan, one picture aint going to do. Any possibilities of a sound bite?

what the heck is this? from the picture, we don't even know the size. The could be a swimming pool shaped like a sound hole!

It was loaned to be by a real good friend for months...believe this uke is the holy grail....it had looks and played so easy..almost effortless and sounded so sweet ...well balanced tone and you
just could hear all the individual complex notes....and the price... whew gonna pass out Yes Ukeykondo..it is a Tenor....here is another picture to satisfy you..
083.jpg

Last edited:
Bruddah Stan, you found it! Now you just gotta find that video clip. But I guess you've played so many different ukes it's tough to keep track of all the photos. Wish I had that problem. :)

Oh, yeah, fine! Sure, it plays so smoothly and effortlessly! Of course we only have your word for that, Mr. Stan!:)

All that said, golly gee I'd love to play it for a few minutes!

Thanks for the pix, and if you can find a sound file, I'm all ears.

awesome! thanks! that's pretty sweet

It was loaned to be by a real good friend for months...believe this uke is the holy grail....it had looks and played so easy..almost effortless and sounded so sweet ...well balanced tone and you
just could hear all the individual complex notes....and the price... whew gonna pass out Yes Ukeykondo..it is a Tenor....here is another picture to satisfy you..
083.jpg

Oh, yeah, fine! Sure, it plays so smoothly and effortlessly! Of course we only have your word for that, Mr. Stan!:)

All that said, golly gee I'd love to play it for a few minutes!

Thanks for the pix, and if you can find a sound file, I'm all ears.

Aloha Craig,
The Uke Left the islands already and is on the other side of the world.....sorry... oh and Stan is fine ...hee hee:)
086.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to burst the bubble but Kanileas signature joe Souza series is the most elaborate ukuleles made by them...look for one soon to be revealed.......did someone say fish?....

Oooohhh like with more humu-humus?

Sorry to burst the bubble but Kanileas signature joe Souza series is the most elaborate ukuleles made by them...look for one soon to be revealed.......did someone say fish?....

We need more fish ukes! Do tell!

Yes this uke is probally at least 3 years old...and Kanilea did come our with a higher line as Mike said...
To me this uke is special though, it has the two qualities that makes it outstanding..looks and a killer tone.
Very hard to find to me...not every uke will be this good and almost you will never come across..
I do like pretty ukuleles, so I can't wait to see what Mike will show us of Kanilea new line...

Wow. Very nice. I would have liked to heard a sound clip. Too bad. I'm looking forward to seeing the signature ukes.

Last edited:
this series is not going to be a line...each and every ukulele from Joe's series will be something special and unique from what i understand.....i wish i could leak a picture of the first,,,maybe mgd my dog can finagle some soon as he gets out of the fishpond chasing that carp.....

Are the ukes you're talking about the same as the cocobolo one Joe showed during his NAMM interview?

Last edited:
Are the ukes your talking about the same as the cocobolo one Joe showed during his NAMM interview?

I was told the 1-off Cocobolo/Spruce Signature might be going on ebay.

I asked if they could make a sound sample of that baby.

Come on Mike I know you wanna show us...we are dying to see these one of a kind ukes..now I won't sleep
tonight..I will be counting carps..ha ha you know I was looking for an inlay carps ukulele after I saw chucks.

Top Bottom