Thread: There is a 6 String Concert uke?

Default There is a 6 String Concert uke?

Once I heard there is a Oscar Schmidt concert 6 string uke (not a Guitalele), but I've never seen it for sale. Anyone ever tried one of these? They sound good? I like concerts and sopranos more than tenors and I like 6 string ukes also.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandogardinali View Post
    Once I heard there is a Oscar Schmidt concert 6 string uke (not a Guitalele), but I've never seen it for sale. Anyone ever tried one of these? They sound good? I like concerts and sopranos more than tenors and I like 6 string ukes also.
    I do know I saw a6 string Mele concert once. It was a few years ago. Good luck, but I think there is a reason why none of the makers make these. Either there is an issue with them or there is no demand.

I imagine it would be a lot of tension for such a small instrument. I have heard about a 5-string Boat Paddle concert ukulele, but never seen it.
    Lizzie
    Super sopranos are super sweet.

I once owned a 6 string Pohaku concert and a 6 string William King Soprano, both were great.

Quote Originally Posted by lizziep View Post
    I imagine it would be a lot of tension for such a small instrument.
    Nah, not when we're talking about nylon strings. As long as the bridge is anchored well, I doubt that that the additional tension of a high-C and a low-A would be much of an issue.

Had one william king 6 string soprano just sold recently.....on Flea Market Music... but that was quite expensive...

Thread Information