My first uke build

iveybirds

Reaction score
I just finished my first uke. It is a tenor and I used all the dimensions from my Kamaka HF-3. It has walnut neck, back and sides with western red cedar top.

Attachments

• phpZglkqwPM.jpg
    phpZglkqwPM.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 221
  • DSC03633 copy.jpg
    DSC03633 copy.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Nice! Beautiful work on the headstock inlay! Let's hear how it sounds!

Awesome work! I agree with Rayan, let's hear her sing.

I'm impressed! Would love to hear what it sounds like. I have tenor uke and am partial toward them...

My uke......

Yeah, this is the first real big woodworking project I've done. i have a friend who is a professional canoe builder (Loon Works Canoes... check em out). He knew nothing about instruments, but a lot about how to work with wood. he let me use his shop and I made everything from scratch. Thank you for all the complements. I have only been able to show it to like two uke players so I was really excited to show it to people who know what they are looking at. i'll try to upload an mp3 or something so you can hear it. Thanks again for your gracious complements.

First UAS now UBS doh! :eek:

;)

My Kamaka is strung with a high G so for a change of pace I strung mine low G. It is different but nice.

Saweet! A beautifully crafted instrument. Now, we just need a sampling of tones emitted from your build.

:love:wow its gorgeous! :)

Top Bottom