Legendary Merch for a Legendary UU member

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
We hart Deach. We hart him so much so that wanted a way to say, hey Deach, you're pretty awesome. So I came up with this idea. Hey why don't we make a Deach T-shirt and give him half of the profit!

I asked him if he was down for the idea. He was very down for the t-shirt but instead of taking his half, he wanted to donate it to charity. Then he came back and said he's going to chip in an additional dollar for every t-shirt bought towards that charity.

So here it is, the limited edition, 'Deach Me Please' T-shirt that will be going up in the UU store for pre-order sometime today. The charity his share will go to is not quite a charity but a husband and wife couple that teach ukulele to middle school and elementary school children here on Kauai on a state grant for preserving Hawaiian Culture. Instead of giving them money, we've worked out a deal with Larry's Music in Kapa'a to get some Kamoa Ukuleles for the kids at wholesale prices. By doing it this way, we can give more than we could by just writing a check.

Our goal is to give a couple ukes to this program that really operates inline with the UU mission of growing the next generation of Ukulele players. The Lardizibals (the couple that runs the program) are really in it for the kids and we want to help them with their program. They told me that there are students who want into the program, but they can't take anymore because they're out of ukuleles.

deachshirt.gif

color : Dark Heather (similar to the UU heather hoodie color)

Big Ups to Russ_buss for helping us out with the definition of Deach.

Last edited:
LOL at me being a rich jerk. I'm just a regular jerk.

I asked him if he was down for the idea. He was very down for the t-shirt but instead of taking his half, he wanted to donate it to charity. Then he came back and said he's going to chip in an additional dollar for every t-shirt bought towards that charity.

This is not entirely true. I really want to help these kids so I will donate a dollar for shirts 1-49. If more than 49 are sold, I'll donate $2 for each shirt. and if more than 100 shirts are sold, I'll donate $4 for each shirt. 100 shirts = $400 for the math impaired.

In addition, I have a special surprise for someone who buys a shirt in the month of October. Those of you who know how I am, know what I mean. wink wink.. hint: it's worth six UU points.

So please help out this good cause and support the forum.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Wow deach is pretty generous!!! now if only UU could send to canada without having to pay customs!

I'm in for a XXL as soon as they hit the store!!!!

dammit i need to get to safeway to buy a card to buy the shirt!

one shirt for me and one for ???

i'm still waiting for the "i hate deach" tshirt, but i guess this will do for now. thanks for setting this up guys. hope this equals many donations for those kids.:)

i'll be buying one for myself and one for the first person who can tell me the name of the mountain resort from the movie "Dirty Dancing" where Baby was taught the ways of dance and love by a rough and tumble dance instructor by the name of Johnny Lobo, i mean Johnny Castle....

also, nurdaben, check your PM.

sent you a pm Russ_Buss, not sure if thats how you wanted it done.

EDIT: HAHA I GOT IT! its kellermen's in the catskill mountains. also on a funny note Russ, my college's school song is the same tune as the kellermen's song they sing at the talent show... School song just scroll to the bottom and listen...

thanks!

Last edited:
my college's school song is the same tune as the kellermen's song they sing at the talent show... School song just scroll to the bottom and listen...

thanks!

that's too cool! i wish i could claim the same. i'll just have to watch Dirty Dancing another 50 times now. congrats on getting the answer correct! PM me your address and shirt size.

cheers!

Top Bottom