Song Help Request free ukulele songs with music notation ?

kkmm

Reaction score
I can't read TAB that well, most of the songs listed in liveUkulele show only chords and lyrics. Are there some places where I can get (free) ukulele finger picking style songs with music notation ?

How about songs with music notation ?

Hi xtoph,
thanks for the link, that's exactly what I am looking for to start with.
I used to play classical guitar and have no trouble reading music notation pretty fast (sight reading), still have trouble reading tabs.
These songs have both, that really helps.

Hi Lori,
thanks so much, I love this solobunch.pdf with so many songs in it (the classic guitar style which I am familiar with).
BTW, the very first song on page 6 is mistakenly printed as 4/4, it should be 3/4.
This book will keep me busy with the uke for one or two years.
I have a target song: The Entertainer (last song in this book).

About 90% of the tabs on my site include music notation above the tab staff. There are some issues with many of the older tabs because I didn't know I could drop the notes down an octave in the setup area which would place the notes correctly on the staff. So I used the 8va to indicate playing everything an octave lower. The notes are way too high on the staff making the notes hard to site read. All my newer tabs have this corrected. It would take weeks of non stop work to go back and redo the old ones. A daunting task I just can't get myself to take on.

From the solobuch.pdf, I learned to play the first song, quite simple and sound nice.
Also learn a second song in F key on page 8, this gave me some ideas on the finger picking patterns on ukulele.
I can certainly use these patterns on a lot of other songs I used to play with other instruments.
(all this during my lunch break at work, I bring my uke with me in the car, it's so small to practice in the car).

Top Bottom