Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Georgia On My Mind"

Hippie Dribble Guest

Default "Georgia On My Mind"

1930. Hoagy Carmichael.

yep, 3.30am and I'm still up. Just recorded a suitably ragged version of this old classic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQU74QHC5xQ

thanks for taking a look.

hahaha 3:30 is one of my favorite times to play music... I got a chance to check out a bunch of your videos yesterday but didn't get a chance to comment. You have a really nice style that is really easy to get into, I love it! Please keep sharing!

Something about the output when you are pulling an all-niter is just fantastic Jon. This is perfect!
    Wish my all-niter resulted in something this great but no...instead I got to change out a knackered hard drive and wage war against the Blue Screen Of Death. Tonight will be re-networking my computer wireless...fantastic

Really nice job Jon. As usual. I didn't realize that this song was so old. I always associated it with country artists from the 60's and 70's.
    I'm not entirely convinced that it is possible to polish a turd. However, if one were to accomplish that feat one would still have a turd, and one all the more noticeable for being shiny.

Check out my ukulele-themed "stuff" at http://www.cafepress.com/fivebyfiveukulele - proceeds go to a good cause...UAS treatment!

Great interpretation of true classic, well done, as always.

Just looked over the wiki article on Hoagy Carmichael, and found the little tidbit that John Lennon once said he was his favorite songwriter. I guess George also covered a couple of his tunes.

One of my aspirations is to one day be able to play "Stardust", but I'd also settle for just "Heart and Soul".
    Last edited by Dougf; 07-20-2011 at 12:48 PM.

Beautiful Jon!

lovely rendition. I enjoy your style.
    Kamaka tenor
    Pono PCES concert
    Molokai mo bettah

Quality!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/errol4bz
    http://leroy4bz.blogspot.com/
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The good thing about music is when it hits you, you feel no pain!

Nicely done. Wow, 3:30am?? I certainly wouldn't be able to manage to sing and play like that in the middle of the night. Way to bring it again.
    Currently in the house:
    2 Kamaka sopranos
    Mya Moe Super Soprano
    Hibiscus Flea
    Really beautiful Moore Bettah Soprano

Can't wait to hear it.... on vacation with the family in sunny Florida, soaking up some rays, frolicking in the clear blue sea, strumming my uke in the sandy shade of my rainbow-colored umbrella.... all with a ridiculously slow internet connection. Not even going to try to watch any of these videos till I get home this weekend, but I can't wait to check them out - the others' comments are making my ears' mouths water.....

Thread Information