Anyone want an incredibly expensive Pono?

I disagree people who ask for active threads to be locked. Don't read the thread if you feel that way.

I learned a lot here, actually. I didn;t know the exact difference betwen a KOOlua and a Pono until this thread. I see that they are both great ukes, one more high grade than the other, but, I guess the lower end (but still not rubbish) Pono is good enough for Eddie. At least when he's not rocking his Dasilva custom.

I think mds did a good thing to alert them to the error, and they did correct it (albeit feebly--they could have provided much more explanation of the uke in the addendum).

Honestly, I wonder who will win the uke. I never thought of it, but one poster below has hit it--Eddie can tax deduct the charitable contribution of the uke--so he'd probaby like it to be a KoOlau, so he can deduct $1400 rather than a Pono $350. LOL

Yes, I'm sure that's what's on his mind. Maybe it's just all about getting that auction price up up up. No one outside the small uke community cares. They made the addendum, it was all they could do, and no one bidding on it is terribly worried.

Why do simple things have to be made so difficult on discussion forums?

I think it's an interesting exploration into the world of celebrity and charity, product promotion, and the mind set of the public towards non-profits.

So remove celebrity and charity from the equation. How would you react if someone was trying to sell a Pono as a Ko'olau?

Oh for heavens sakes!

The entire reason for the auction is to raise money for a charity!

Remove that from the equation, and it's a 6000 usd Pono. And no one would bid that much if it wasn't for a reason, so the arguement rather flutters away. If one variable changes, they all change, why is it so difficult to understand?

I think it's an interesting exploration into the world of celebrity and charity, product promotion, and the mind set of the public towards non-profits.

So remove celebrity and charity from the equation. How would you react if someone was trying to sell a Pono as a Ko'olau?

Are you for real?

Someone would have corrected them as it happened on the listing but people wouldn't go crazy because it's on the bottom and not on the top. Have you tried to change the title on UU Marketplace? LOL

Sorry, I forgot to drink coffee...I better stop and get my fix

Plainsong and nongdam, both of you are right.

And that's the point some of us are trying to demonstrate. A Pono isn't worth nearly as much as a Ko'olau. And if it wasn't for it being a charity auction, people would be all over this yelling it was a bogus situation.

Well some of us feel it's bogus whether it's for charity or not.

They corrected it as best they could. eBay doesn't change the way it runs itself for just one auction. If the charity was something like Make A Wish, or a No Kill Shelter, the bidding would be even more, as is right and proper.

No winners, no losers, just differences of opinion. That's cool enough.

It appears that as a result of action taken by a participant in this thread the listing has been corrected. I count that a good result.

I think your general Eddie Vedder/Pearl Jam fan would much prefer a signed guitar.
Since this appeals to Eddie Vedder/Ukulele fans, I think getting the manufacturer right does make a difference. Besides, this is a Ukulele forum, what the heck else would we be talking about :confused:
The mods can now Lock-the-Thread! ...just kidding ;)

I wouldn't sell this one if I were him either, same song, on an Earnest Instruments Tululele. One of the few youtube vids where you can readily even find a Tululele. I guess the people who own them, and who post vids, don't tag them.

Top Bottom