Early 1950s Gold Lable Kamaka Soprano

Reaction score
Hi, I'm seriously interested but "reasonable offer" means very different things to different people. Are there any condition problems with this uke, cracks, dings, and does it have good intonation and projection? Typical koa sweet sound or ???? Please contact me at grossman at negia dot net and lets talk. If you're interested in trade I have lots of possibilities, vintage Favilla or Gretsch, Black Bear (will be posted for sale later today) TIA, g2

Aloha Ramon,
That is a great mid 50's uke...I have that same one....but mine has a replaced bridge..how much you asking...

Hi Ramon, sorry if my first post was unclear. I'm interested in the uke at a cash price too, not just trade, but I'm open to all possibilities, cash, trade, trade + cash. cheers, g2

Lets dance

Heyu fellows :

yes I still have it for sale and as you can see it is in decent condition even with the top crack . Make me an offer means I am not trying to retire with this sale , but I do know it's got some worth , so post to me guys and lets talk .

I really would like to keep this but I have other aspirations that need some $'s to get going so this will help along the way .

It will also make some one very happy to know they have one of the first post WW2 Kamakas that hit the islands .

HR

As you are a Junior Member, some prospective buyers may feel more comfortable if you read/comply with the Selling Guidelines for this Forum:
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...uleles-in-the-Marketplace-READ-BEFORE-POSTING
Welcome & good luck with your sale.

========================

Duly noted and read thoroughly .

History of this Uke :

Got it in an estate sale .

The tuners won't hold so they need replacement .

The top has two cracks they do not affect the tone , no rattles or buzzes .

Frets are in great shape and neck is straight .

Bridge is in great shape .

I will try to get a vid and sound sample .

Mahalo

HR

Hey Hurricane not meaning to be disrespectful. I think what they want to know is how much do you want for it? If you don't know the value then research it a little and find out what they are selling for and ask in that price range for it. I don't know value or I would tell you what it's worth. Wish I could help, maybe someone else here with more knowledge of it can.

Experienced Musician Yep Iam - Ukelele Musician I am not

Hey Hurricane not meaning to be disrespectful. I think what they want to know is how much do you want for it? If you don't know the value then research it a little and find out what they are selling for and ask in that price range for it. I don't know value or I would tell you what it's worth. Wish I could help, maybe someone else here with more knowledge of it can.

====================================================
Thanks Mark :

You hit the nail on the head . I do not know what a fair market price would be for such a uke . That's why I joined this forum to begin with with no aspirations to sell it to be truthful .

This little uke sits un played , I play my guitar(s) mostly and after a little more than a year with it I realize maybe it's best to concentrate on my guitar playing since it's really coming along better than I ever thought .

Coming here I was hoping to garner more knowledge on this uke and ukes in general . Maybe I keep it maybe I don't , I am undecided as well as determined to get the other gear I want and if I don't sell it I know it would make a really great addition to my stringed instruments .

It is really beautiful , the blond koa really is quite remarkable , it's old school hand carved texture is something else you don't see anymore .

I am performing musician and I look at these things more from a utilitarian type attitude , I don't get musical instruments to collect only and admired and display , I get them to play and hopefully make a $ or two :)

Thanks for taking time to respond .

HR

Nice " Over The Rainbow " one of my favorite songs too , your arrangement is very good .

HR

These are really well made . As I mentioned I am open to offers since I don't really know . I had thought of having one to play but guitar seems to be really happening and I am really enjoying it as well as enjoying the good responses I get when I play guitar live at gigs now .

I know if I do sell it I would probably live to regret the move .

Aloha Bra :

Hurricane Ramon

Thanks Hurricane, I can't take credit for the arrangement I just copied it via tab book. I just sent you a PM in regards of the uke.
Nice " Over The Rainbow " one of my favorite songs too , your arrangement is very good .

HR

Quite interested in this, i'm also in the southern california area, so shipping wouldnt be necessary :p!

Strung her up after detour to the hospital - worse thing is is I will live after all heh heh heh - - -

Even with the crack in the top sound board this thing sings Hawaiian old time wonder - I think it's going to be a keeper after all :)

dig - - the original strings were so small a gauge that no current strings were NOT able to fit ( D'Addario and others ) the bridge and nut ! ! ! yep I looked long and hard to figure how much I had to trim and not blow it .

Success - it's a real dreamy bright [ Chang-a-lang ] sounding old timey marvel from Hawaii feel in my hands that sure helps ease the longing to go back to where I used to live on the Big Island .

For months it sat alone waiting patiently as I procrastinated the dilemma of carving into it's tiny areas with my meat hook hands .

One of my musician friends remarked how it " magically " vibrated when he held it in his hands before I restrung it as we were listing to music videos on my system at home , he was amazed , I wasn't heh heh heh , koa :rulez: is that kind of magic wood like rose and other wonderful tone woods .

Aloooooooooooooooooooha

HR

Maybe I missed it, but did he name a price or is he just stringing us along?

I think he said he is going to keep it. If you are, I hope you enjoy it as you have a real gem.

Top Bottom