Thread: Big Island TenorF/S w/ soft case

Default Big Island TenorF/S w/ soft case

I have a BI tenor that I'd like to sell. Here's a video showing the uke and demonstrating it's sound capabilities http://youtu.be/0wldPXLPdt4 . The uke is in perfect condition and only has been played about 10 times. I originally thought that a larger uke would be easier to learn on but found that sopranos work better for my short fingers. The uke comes with an Ohana soft case. I paid $330 for this new and want $250 and I'm firm on that price. Let me know if you have any questions. Shipping/insurance will be at cost, probably $20-30 depending on whether I have boxes to fit. Domestic US buyers only. If you live within driving distance of Athens GA you can come over and play it. cheers, g2

Okay, 100+ views and no one's interested, I'll drop the price to $225 and let it stay on the board for a few more days. cheers, g2

For what it's worth, that is a lovely uke, Gary, and if not for the fact that I already own two and have no desire to acquire countless ukes, I would likely have contacted you about it.

In any case, I'm sure it will find a good home. It may just take some time.
    My kids:
    [SIZE="1"][COLOR="#0000CD"]
    [b]Ukes:
    None (for now), but soon!

Please help Anabelle

Thanks Poi, I really appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by PoiDog View Post
    For what it's worth, that is a lovely uke, Gary, and if not for the fact that I already own two and have no desire to acquire countless ukes, I would likely have contacted you about it.

In any case, I'm sure it will find a good home. It may just take some time.

Quote Originally Posted by garyg View Post
    I have a BI tenor that I'd like to sell. Here's a video showing the uke and demonstrating it's sound capabilities http://youtu.be/0wldPXLPdt4 . The uke is in perfect condition and only has been played about 10 times. I originally thought that a larger uke would be easier to learn on but found that sopranos work better for my short fingers. The uke comes with an Ohana soft case. I paid $330 for this new and want $250 and I'm firm on that price. Let me know if you have any questions. Shipping/insurance will be at cost, probably $20-30 depending on whether I have boxes to fit. Domestic US buyers only. If you live within driving distance of Athens GA you can come over and play it. cheers, g2
    I appears to me that when buying/selling ukes. That a little patience is required because most buyers kind of have a mindset of knowing what uke they want next. For instance, if they have their heart set on a kamaka. It may take them a few days to go through the process of "I've been saving for a kamaka but I can grab that Big Island now"

Hang in there. I'm sure the right buyer will come along.
    Scott Wilder
    @itssscottwilder
    https://facebook.com/itsscottwilder

I have this same uke model and love it. I think it'd be more likely to sell if you posted some pictures and a better description. It's a steal at $225.

Some key selling points. This is an all solid mahogany uke from a well respected builder. Big Island doesn't even make a mahogany uke anymore, only Koa and Mango tenors and those start at $580 retail.

If I didn't already own one, I'd definitely consider purchasing this.
    My cure for UAS:
    ♬ Kanile'a K-1 Tenor
    My beater:
    ♫ Makala Tenor

@Hiddencross, hmm did you watch my video of the uke and extensive description? Just curious. Thanks for your thoughts. g2

Quote Originally Posted by Hiddencross View Post
    I have this same uke model and love it. I think it'd be more likely to sell if you posted some pictures and a better description. It's a steal at $225.

Some key selling points. This is an all solid mahogany uke from a well respected builder. Big Island doesn't even make a mahogany uke anymore, only Koa and Mango tenors and those start at $580 retail.

If I didn't already own one, I'd definitely consider purchasing this.

Quote Originally Posted by garyg View Post
    @Hiddencross, hmm did you watch my video of the uke and extensive description? Just curious. Thanks for your thoughts. g2
    I did. I think some people would like to have the written description and photos before following a YouTube link. For instance I couldn't watch your video at work. I had to wait until I got home.

Anyway, didn't mean to come across as criticism.

It's an excellent ukulele at an excellent price.
    My cure for UAS:
    ♬ Kanile'a K-1 Tenor
    My beater:
    ♫ Makala Tenor

Sending a PM now. Interested in the uke.
    Paul Curry
    Pono MT-8 Mahogany Tenor 8 string
    Pono A/E Mahogony Tenor Deluxe
    Ono Cherry Tenor
    Kalia Cedar/ Rosewood Soprano
    Teton Baritone
    1950's Harmony Soprano
    Epiphone Les Paul A/E Concert
    Homebuilt A/E Cigar Box Tenor "The Winolele"
    Eddy Finn EF-BU2F Banjo Uke

Uke appears to be sold, thanks everyone, I'll close the thread when I receive payment. g2

Thread Information