Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ...will New Strings make a difference on a cheapie.....??

i HAVE A Stagg U-60 that si about an $80 uke, and it was lousy until I out Worth Clears on it. WOw, what a difference! I previously used Aquilas, but now it's all Worth of Fremonts for me.

CHeers!

I have a set of black strings called GHS Original Hawaiian Ukulele Stings for Standard or Concert Set No. H-10....anyone ever heard tell of these? I guess what I am asking is are a pretty good string, as I can get them "almost" locally...tks, Duane

I agree with all of the above. Whilst string choice is often personal, it's hard to look past Aquilas on a cheapie - they just seem to have more power to drive the laminated tops and enhance volume and tone.
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

Quote Originally Posted by JamieFromOntario View Post

SouthCoast is a different brand than Aquila. You'd want to get SouthCoast Lights.

http://www.southcoastukes.com/string...iles/ltuke.htm
    Not wanting to hijack the thread but when I saw on their website under Southcoast Lights "For the 13 scale - tune to key of D",
    I picked the Mediums for my Soprano. Did I get the wrong strings?

Jim B

Quote Originally Posted by Duane View Post
    I have a set of black strings called GHS Original Hawaiian Ukulele Stings for Standard or Concert Set No. H-10....anyone ever heard tell of these? I guess what I am asking is are a pretty good string, as I can get them "almost" locally...tks, Duane
    I think these are the strings that come on a lot of cheap ukes that people suggest switching to Aquilas.

Jim B

Lancashire, UK (Just around the corner from George Formby's old place)

Aquilas but they take a while to settle in. You bear a remarkable resemblance to dear George Harrison.
    Applause Ovation UAE 20
    Sheltone Ukulele Banjo 1971 (My ninth birthday present, thanks Dad) Brian May plays one on Bring Back That Leroy Brown on Shear Heart Attack
    Makala MK-C Concert
    Makala-Spookefoote Concert Resonator

Quote Originally Posted by spookefoote View Post
    Aquilas but they take a while to settle in. You bear a remarkable resemblance to dear George Harrison.
    Love the Beatles.....if you get a chance there is a 2-part documentary out on George that I had opportunity to watch (twice) recently....so good. The title(s) escape me but it is directed by Martin Scorcasie (spelling). Just saying.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kayak Jim View Post
    I think these are the strings that come on a lot of cheap ukes that people suggest switching to Aquilas.

Jim B
    ....you are right, Jim. I checked further online. Sorry for feeble questions but when you don't know.....well.....but I really like these little ukulele's and quite possibly I may buy a better one this weekend. I enquired and they have some goodies in stock 45 minutes away.....cheers, Duane

Lancashire, UK (Just around the corner from George Formby's old place)

Quote Originally Posted by Duane View Post
    Love the Beatles.....if you get a chance there is a 2-part documentary out on George that I had opportunity to watch (twice) recently....so good. The title(s) escape me but it is directed by Martin Scorcasie (spelling). Just saying.....
    It's called Living in a Material World. George was my favourite Beatle
    Applause Ovation UAE 20
    Sheltone Ukulele Banjo 1971 (My ninth birthday present, thanks Dad) Brian May plays one on Bring Back That Leroy Brown on Shear Heart Attack
    Makala MK-C Concert
    Makala-Spookefoote Concert Resonator

Thread Information