A Review Of My Tanglewood Union Series TU1 CE

space

Reaction score
A Review Of My Tanglewood Union Series TU1 CE
I went into town today and saw a music store (this is quite rare where I live, as I'm in the middle of nowhere). I browsed around and saw a Tanglewood Soprano ukulele, the same one I was planning on buying from Musicroom for £170, for £130 (that's $205 for you Americans) including a hard case, and promptly bought it. I took it home, and I must say it is a huge improvement over my Stagg-US10. It sounds so much richer and fuller, even though my Stagg is fitted with Aquilas and this uke has factory standard strings(I will be buying Aquilas at some point). It looks a lot prettier as well, and has a gloss finish. I plugged it into my amp and I'm not getting very much volume improvement, but I suppose I'll probably buy a proper uke amp somewhere down the line. It's staying in tune very well, and to be honest sounds better than the other uke's I tried out which were double the price. The hard case is pretty resilient, especially since it survived a high street during peak time without a single scratch. The body is mahogany and the neck is, I believe, spruce, but I'm not sure about that. It's a beauty and I wholeheartedly recommend it.

I was tempted...

Almost bought this on a couple of occasions, on the last ~ it had just been sold !! But, all things work together for good, I'm glad, cos it is a Banjolele that I really want, and have found a reasonably priced maker wim van der leden in the Netherlands, so hopefully, that is what I am getting... I am happy to know that my eyes/ears are not as imperceptive as I sometimes think !! Thanks for sharing this my friend, best wishes... By the way it was £80 here without any accessories...
ps there is a remote poss it could be a different model, but i dont think so, small with the plug in for the amp n volume.... sounds great tho, Enjoy bro !!

I really rate Tanglewoods. They have a few in my local music shop and my favorite is the Tanglewood Cove Creek(?) concert in exotic mango or lacewood according to what you're reading (I think it's leopardwood!) but for a laminate the sound is beautiful. AND the neck is long -14 frets up to the body instead of 12. Saving up for a tenor though.

i've been debating with myself whether to buy a Tanglewood baritone, they look really nice, but i have not heard one being played

Top Bottom