Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you carry your Flea/Fluke?

Default How do you carry your Flea/Fluke?

I am a new owner of a concert Flea and I didn't purchase a gig bag since I have so many at home. Once the Flea arrived, I realized that it is too small for my concert gig bags and slightly too tall for my soprano gig bag. How do you haul your Flea/Fluke around? Did everyone buy the company's gig bag? Do you just toss it in your backpack without protection? Do you make custom gig bags out of some really clever material? I would appreciate hearing about what others do.

Thank You,

Nix

I bought mine from Elderly Music with a tenor neck. The gig bag came with it. It's a soft case that provides protection against scratches, but I wouldn't sit on it.

I have a flea/ fluke denim gig bag. I think you should use something for protection, even if it is just a cardboard box. The soundboard can be easily dented or scratched, and I would protect the strings as well with something. If you are handy and can make a drawstring bag, that is what I would do. Maybe make it out of polar fleece so it is padded a bit. If not, maybe wrap it in a small towel and stick it in a pillowcase. Those Fleas aren't cheap, so it is worth it to protect it.
    –Lori

Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    I am a new owner of a concert Flea and I didn't purchase a gig bag since I have so many at home. Once the Flea arrived, I realized that it is too small for my concert gig bags and slightly too tall for my soprano gig bag. How do you haul your Flea/Fluke around? Did everyone buy the company's gig bag? Do you just toss it in your backpack without protection? Do you make custom gig bags out of some really clever material? I would appreciate hearing about what others do.

Thank You,

Nix
    I use the Flea hard case.

I have the concert flea gig bag (denim) in the closet. If you want it, send me a private message. I'll send it to you (in Arizona) for $20.

IMG_5800.jpgIMG_5799.jpg

I bought the hard case for my flea since it's the one that travels with me.
    Definitely worth it.
    Now Frodo the flea feels fine on flights.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingrate View Post
    I use the Flea hard case.

I have the concert flea gig bag (denim) in the closet. If you want it, send me a private message. I'll send it to you (in Arizona) for $20.

IMG_5800.jpgIMG_5799.jpg
    Thank you! PM sent. I really appreciate this. If I would have known the Flea wouldn't fit in any of my standard concert cases I would have bought the gig bag when I ordered it.

Nix

I purchased my Flea from Fleamarket Music, it came with the soft gig bag. I also purchased the Flea hard case since I carry my Flea on my motorcycle. I agree the hard case was/is worth it.

Just the denim gig bag. It's survived lots of plane rides. For a little extra padding I'll wrap it in some t-shirts.

Yeah, I just use the gig bag that came with my Flea. Works just fine.

Although I do like the Flea bags better than the Fluke bags.

JJ
    "Talent is just a pursued interest. In other words, anything you are willing to practice, you can do." -- Bob Ross

I bought my Fluke along with the gig bag. It's been to Hawaii and back and on many auto vacations in that bag.
    Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

Thread Information