Hello from Kentucky!

_SillyStrings

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

My name is Kerri, I'm 24 years old, and I'm from Kentucky.

I just got my first ukulele a few days ago, and I'm already in love. :) I've wanted one for a long time and I finally was able to get one. It's a soprano Rogue and it's a pretty cherry wood color.

I look forward to getting to know you guys. :)

PS. Anybody have some advice for a newbie?

Hello Kerri, I'm from and live in Owensboro Ky. Where in Kentucky are you? I've been playing about 8 months and have learned a lot from this forum. Lots of great players with a wealth of knowledge for you. Just ask. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to UU Keri,

Advice I would give to anyone is to find another person or group to play with on a regular basis. There are uke groups popping up everywhere. There are music stores that have regular bluegrass or folk jam sessions. You probably have a friend or 2 who plays guitar. Look for a group that welcomes beginners as a policy.

Hi Kerri! Welcome to UU!

I haven't gotten my first ukulele yet, but I suggest checking out some of the top topics here and perhaps watch some of the videos they post up on YouTube. I think they would be very informative!

Anyways, enjoy your stay here! So far I'm getting a lot of help from the members here. ;)

Welcome, Kerri! I live in Louisville.

PS. Anybody have some advice for a newbie?
Practice, practice, practice, have fun, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Everyone here is friendly. How could a ukulele player be otherwise? :D

Hey! I'm from Sturgis! It's a small world folks! :)

That's right! I was in Owensboro yesterday w/ my daughter's Girls Scout troop ice skating. Sturgis is a SMALL town & we have to drive to at least Henderson (30 min) to go see a movie.

Hey everyone, good to see some others from KY here in UU. I'm in Lexington, well, Georgetown, but I work in Lex. I would encourage as many of you as can to plan on coming to the Ukulele World Congress in early June. It's a free weekend event sponsored by Mainland Ukes. Its held in Brown County IN, just about an hour and a half north of Louisville. I'm going, and would be happy to meet and pick people up on the way. No matter what your skill level, you'll have a blast learning and jamming all weekend.

Top Bottom