Thread: Manuscript Paper Notebooks?

Default Manuscript Paper Notebooks?

I'd like to get manuscript paper for the ukulele, ideally in a small notebook format. I have found a couple of Amazon, they are books, about 8/12 x 11 - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...+paper&x=0&y=0.

I think what I would like is something smaller, a notebook with rings would be better. Any tips on where to get this? It's possible it's called something other than manuscript paper and I'm not searching right.

Thanks!!!
    Christine in Woodstock, Georgia, USA (Atlanta area)

Are you just looking for four line tab manuscript paper? or are you wedded to the notebook format?

I use blanksheetmusic.net to create any particular type of manuscript paper I need. You can choose just four line tab, or you can use a hybrid four-line-tab/treble-clef (amongst many, many other options).
    MP Redwood/Koa Tenor with SouthCoast Heavies (tuned FBbDG), Loprinzi Mahogany Tenor with SouthCoast Mediums, Lute-kulele with Worth Browns, Mahalo "Les Paul"

Thanks for that link. I was looking for a smallish notebook, like ring bound, but I suppose I could make my own. I looked on etsy, and there are a couple of manuscript books for non-ukulele (i.e., 5 lines). Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ckellogg View Post
    Thanks for that link. I was looking for a smallish notebook, like ring bound, but I suppose I could make my own. I looked on etsy, and there are a couple of manuscript books for non-ukulele (i.e., 5 lines). Thanks!
    http://www.moleskineus.com/mbl01-mol...-notebook.html
    MELE KOA/MAHOGANY SOPRANO | MARTIN STYLE 1 (1920s)
    TALSMA HOLLYWOOD CONCERT | JUPITER CREEK ELECTRIC CONCERT
    LANIKAI O8-EK | MAINLAND RED CEDAR BARITONE

YOUTUBE

Hi Christine!

I was also looking for a small ukulele score and tab notebook the other day. All I've found so far are the manuscript paper books from Amazon you pointed out. I wish the Moleskine one had uke tabs besides the scores

Now I'm thinking of just double-printing out the image linked below in A5 format on A4 papers, then folding them and binding them together myself, or glueing them on a blank Moleskine notebook so there would be space left for additional notes.
    http://pizzabytheslice.com/downloads...ript-paper.png

Let us know if you find something good!

Oh, yes, a Moleskine......there are a lot of handmade ones on etsy.com, for ideas on how to make one. I guess I will have to make one myself, too. I'd better get crafting.

Can always scan the large sheet, reduce to whatever size you want, then print your own.

Ask yourself which is easier to put on a music stand and scribble on, and most people will say manuscript paper like this https://www.fortenotation.com/en/bla...printable-pdf/ . Though nowadays I typeset most of my music. I use a word processor yet still use a pencil and paper after all.
    Last edited by anngrante; 05-19-2021 at 10:48 PM.

I had to look up manuscript paper. If it is really the same as A4 format, there are options put there.

This is not exactly a notebook, but I find that these binders intended for choral music are also really good for chord sheets, tabs, and staff notation for other than choral use. They are the right format, but you will obviously want to put printet sheets in it rather than scribble directly in it.

https://m.thomann.de/dk/star_662a30_...rch=1621075058

Anyway, because of the spiral binding and discrete cover it appears somehow like a notebook from the outside and it takes A4 pages. The spiral binding allows the pages to turn all the way around, and it fits way easier in any back or music stand than a ring binder.
    Last edited by UkingViking; 05-15-2021 at 02:20 AM.
    Playing:
    Anuenue AMM tenor - Magic Fluke Koa Tenor - Cocobolo concert - Kamaka Tiki concert - Cort concert - Ohana LN soprano.

Thread Information