WTB Peghead Tuners.

AncientMatingCalls

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone had a set of Pegheads that they might consider selling.

Shoot me a PM.

Thanks,
Eric

I think a member here, TheCraftedCow sells those at a good price. Correct me if I am wrong.

I bought a set and they are great! Love em on my Tenor!

Oh wow, those are great prices. Which size would be most optimal for a concert uke? Specifically a Koaloha conert.

I agree with ukeeku. Talk to Bill. The size will depend on the thickness of the headstock and the size of the holes from the current tuners. Bill himself installed mine and I got to watch him. The Pegheads have a slight taper and are threaded. He used a reamer to create the tapered, threaded holes necessary before installation. They are also left and right threaded, so some screw in clockwise and the others counterclockwise. From my experience with bike pedals, I'm guessing that they screw into the headstock that way so that the string tension doesn't loosen them over time. I could be wrong about that. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge than myself can clarify it.

But-but-but, If he wants PEGHEDS, there is nothing else which will prepare him to do it. It is easy enough that I can do it!! As the guy who makes them tells me: If it's a brand new uke, drill four holes. Taper them with a 30:1 violin peg reamer. Screw them in so it cuts threads in the holes. Take 'em back out, clean the sawdust out of the threads. put on a drop of super glue and get them back in there before the glue dries. Some people use a bit of five minute epoxy-some even use TiteBond (although neither Chuck nor I are keen on that idea). We STRONGLY Rx : Get a piece of the same hardness/kind of wood at the same thickness as the headstock Bore some holes the size of what you have. 5/16 ? 8mm 9/32? 7 or 7.5mm. Plugging a hole is a bit of a bother. Shimming a hole is a lot easier. Perhaps I should put a section on my website www.PEGHEDS.net "PEGHEDS for DUMMIES" One should always learn from others mistakes because one never will live long enough or have enough discretionary income to make them all on their own.

I am trying to figure out how to taper a hole in a headstock where there is a center to the pegbox, but there is no hole out the wall on the other side of the center segment. The only thing I can think to do is glue sandpaper to one of the existing wooden pegs and just slowly sand it out. Yes, if I were going to do a lot of them, I would shorten a reamer.

A wonderful example of why there are left and right hand threads. THANK YOU !!
I thought this would appear between her post and mine rather than after both.

Last edited:
Top Bottom