Thread: Hello from Salt Lake City :)

Default Hello from Salt Lake City :)

Hi! I'm Lanna and I just bough at a uke about a week and a half ago (it's a Makala MK-C, and I'm really diggin it so far!) and /r/ukulele sent me here
    I don't have much musical experience besides in school, so this will be interesting.

Hi to all, I am john david. I am 27. I am a relationship professional and interested in relationships. thanks to all for cooperating me.

Welocme the Forum!
    Black Bear Sopranino Spruce/Koa~ Living Water
    Ohana Soprano SK-38 Mahogany~ Martin
    Mainland Soprano Mango~ Low G Daniel Ho

Hey, I just signed up today, also from SLC! Good luck in your Ukulele findings

Default Me Too!

There must be some kind of Ukulele bug in the air in Utah because I also signed up today.

Wow, you all have the makings of a club right there, if S.L.C. doesn't already have one. It's a surprisingly hip city, so it probably does have one. Or more. I wish I didn't live 6 hrs away! My boss was just over there and for some reason he brought me back a couple of those Art/Entertainment sorts of magazine newspaper thingies that big cities have (I guess because I play in a band and one of the magazine things was rating local Utah bands)... S.L.C. is way cooler than it was when I was in college and my parents lived in Ogden for a few years. After looking at all the happenings listed in those mags, my wife and I are thinking we might go over when we have a long weekend. It's just a little farther than Denver, and has the added advantage of having NO RELATIVES that we'd feel obligated to visit or stay with!
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1. Those who need closure.

ca. 1923-'27 Martin Style 3M, ca. 1927-'28 Martin Style 2M, 1950s Martin Style 1M, ca. 1930 Gibson Uke 3, Kiwaya KTS-7, Mainland Gloss Mahogany Soprano, Mainland Red Cedar Pineapple Soprano, Mainland Maple Soprano Banjo Uke, Flea Soprano, Maccaferri Islander Soprano and Baritone, et al...
    My paltry Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/ukecycle

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Tarman View Post
    Wow, you all have the makings of a club right there, if S.L.C. doesn't already have one. It's a surprisingly hip city, so it probably does have one. Or more. I wish I didn't live 6 hrs away! My boss was just over there and for some reason he brought me back a couple of those Art/Entertainment sorts of magazine newspaper thingies that big cities have (I guess because I play in a band and one of the magazine things was rating local Utah bands)... S.L.C. is way cooler than it was when I was in college and my parents lived in Ogden for a few years. After looking at all the happenings listed in those mags, my wife and I are thinking we might go over when we have a long weekend. It's just a little farther than Denver, and has the added advantage of having NO RELATIVES that we'd feel obligated to visit or stay with!
    SLC and Ogden are both quite hip these days. Huge local music scenes. I love it here. At least a few uke clubs, too.

Welcome to the forum, all you new Utah folks. I live in Ogden. Nice to see some Utah ukers!

Thanks for the welcome guys! It's cool to hear that there are other people from SLC here

Thread Information