2-Chord Song Contest, D & A7, from UkulelePlay.com

ha ha...well played Mo, well played. All your stuff is good mate and this selection here just confirms it. Good luck brother! I hope you are able to withstand a possible withering barrage of last-minute entries!!! :)

Thanks! I always appreciate the kind words!

I suspect that there's some folks strategically waiting 'til the last minute to post some amazing entries. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of awesomeness the good people here on UU can pull out of 2 chords. (for my part, I'm officially out of ideas at this point :) )

I actually wrote a couple of D-A7 songs last week but I'm not sure if I'm going to enter them in the contest. I'm still pretty determined to be the last man on earth without a Facebook account - it's kind of become a matter of principle. LOL

John

I actually wrote a couple of D-A7 songs last week but I'm not sure if I'm going to enter them in the contest. I'm still pretty determined to be the last man on earth without a Facebook account - it's kind of become a matter of principle. LOL

John

You can enter without a facebook account---see post #6. (And definitely continue to avoid facebook for as long as possible. It's pretty lame.)

Last edited:
I'm hoping to get one or two recorded tomorrow, not that I think they'll match up to yours, ReaderMo, anyway! Depends on whether my mum has me helping around the house, or lets me be for a few hours!

Last edited:
IDK what happened?

I wrote a song and posted a video last night but when I checked today it wasn't there. I'll have to check again after work.

You can enter without a facebook account---see post #6. (And definitely continue to avoid facebook for as long as possible. It's pretty lame.)

Okay, cool, if I get some quiet time to record before Saturday I'll enter them.

Re. Facebook - I was reading an article the other day where some employers are now requiring people to either give them their Facebook password (actually a violation of terms of service which in turn causes a violation of US law but that's not stopping them) or log in for them during the interview so they can poke around your private pages. Other employers are requiring applicants to "friend" one of the company's HR persons so they can get a peek behind the veil.

I'll probably never have to interview for another job (I've been elligible for disability for years but I'm working as long as I can) but if I ever do I want to be the guy that just laughs when they ask for my Facebook password. I'd be like, "well, why don't you just create a Facebook account for me while you're at it since I've never had one." :)

John

Ukulele play.com 2-chord contest D & A7 : Another Ordinary Day

My first uke video for my first uke contest! An original just for you.

Please note the change of posting to facebook as optional (I didn't realize there were so much anti-facebook feeling - lol).

Goin' Down - NOW WITH TUTORIAL!

I've already entered the first part of this video, but I've tacked on a tutorial to end. Not sure if it's a helpful tutorial, but there it is :)

I don't know what the problem is but I've been trying to post my video for 2 days now, I keep getting the same result...waiting for administrator approval. I've tried several times and emailed UU to no avail. So here's the link to my video on YouTube...http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w1hyxXewncA
Will this count as going the extra mile? ;)

Will the moderator ever approve my stuff?

Waiting for 2days and the contest is almost over.

This is silly, but is consistent with my user name.

That was magnificent. My father-in-law used to sing the part about taking it to school between two hunks of bread but I never realized that it was part of a larger ditty...

Can we get that ending time in GMT? I'm GMT-5, but my clock is ten minutes fast and I didn't reset it for Daylight Saving and
... I'll just wait for the next contest :-/

Top Bottom