Mya-Moe Koa Chocolate Heart Mango Tenor for sale<SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

johntz

Reaction score
I have a Mya-Moe Koa tenor tradition for sale. It has the wood upgrade as well as the vintage tortoise binding upgrade that they won't do any more. It is a sweet uke and in perfect condition. I am the first owner and it is as new as when I got it. It was delivered in August 2011. It is number #580. My pictures are from my cell phone.

Better pictures can be seen on their site:

http://www.myamoeukuleles.com/galle...archHeadplate=percent&searchButton=Search+Now

It includes a black weave UkeCrazy hard case and all the documentation that came with it. $1100 firm delivered in the continental US, no trades please. You can just send me a check ( I'll send right away if you are a regular here or hold the check 5 days to let it clear before I send ) or if you use PayPal please add the 3-5% fee depending on what you use for the funding source.

Reason for selling: I am standardizing on one Uke, Collins. I find that my learning suffers when I switch from Uke to Uke.

Attachments

• 20120303_095053.jpg
    20120303_095053.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 20120303_095119.jpg
    20120303_095119.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 124
  • 20120303_095132.jpg
    20120303_095132.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 20120303_095142.jpg
    20120303_095142.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 20120303_095156.jpg
    20120303_095156.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 87
so lovely John, sorry to see you selling this but I understand your desire to be totally comfortable with the one uke. This one is a ripper and won't last long. If I had the cash I'd buy it in an instant, but I'm awaiting a custom within the next month or so.

As a side issue, I wonder why Gordon and Char decided to do away with the binding options for the 'tradition' models...guess it was slowing them down and too fiddly maybe. This one is certainly a one off..don't know of any other choc heart mangos with the tortoise binding. Yummy. :drool:

Thanks Jon. It was a hard decision to sell but I am a player and not a collector so I would rather it go to a new home where it will be used and loved. I was really amazed how switching from one uke to the other really negatively impacted my timing and accuracy. I love this Uke but I really have more interest in progressing than collecting these beautiful instruments.

Wow John, that is a very nice Mya Moe...what is the hype with all these collins ukes...I know they are lightly built and have that design volume sound like the old martins and Kamakas...
Are they really worth the price...I know they have a bright clean tone....tell me collins gang tell me it's not all hype....

Sending PM

Wow John, that is a very nice Mya Moe...what is the hype with all these collins ukes...I know they are lightly built and have that design volume sound like the old martins and Kamakas...
Are they really worth the price...I know they have a bright clean tone....tell me collins gang tell me it's not all hype....
how many times do you actually want me to tell you Stan? :p

:stop: more than 'bright and clean' I would say rich, deep and resonant, huge volume and projection and sustain that goes forever. They are light as a feather and have a tone that one could only describe as warm and sweet.... you know you want one...resistance is futile :eek:ld:

Mahalo Nui Eugene,
I also look for a balanced tone with clear note separation.....you see any difference in the sound in different models or is it just asthetics.....I know you have or had many of them..

Thanks everyone. It is sold pending funds. Thanks for all the interest and the PMs.

Beautiful Mya Moe. John's a great guy. I got mine from him as well and couldn't have been happier with the transaction. Enjoy!

As a side issue, I wonder why Gordon and Char decided to do away with the binding options for the 'tradition' models...

I have the last Mya-Moe uke made with tortoise binding so I asked why they were no longer doing the "plastic" bindings. Aaron told me that the (grinding) fumes and glue to work with these vintage plastics was rather toxic, so they are going to stay with wood bindings going forward.

Last edited:
Payment received. Going out Monday. Thanks everyone.

You're gonna love it.

I love mine for classical music, in fact I just posted a piece known as Anonymous Romance on YouTube and you can find a thread here

Looking forward to hearing all about yours when you get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom