Japanese Platic Ukulele

jonnyuke!

Reaction score
hi
i was just browsing everyones favourite auction site for ukes and saw new Japenese plastic ukes at 125 Pounds Sterling. Am I right in assuming these are serious instruments, they do look cool but seems a lot of money. Does anyone have one and what are peoples opinions on these "Kazuyuki Sekiguchi" ukes.
Cheers
jon

I met a gal with the pink "Ukulelia" one last night at the BURP uke-thrash last night.

It looks incredible in person, a kind of translucent pink for the body and good quality as far as plastic ukuleles go. I can't tell you much about sound quality though as it was very noisy in the pub! Maybe one of the Berkhamsted Uke people on this board knows who she is and can get her thoughts on it.

I'd love one, but cringe a little at paying triple digits for plastic.

Saw mention somewhere where someone claimed to have played one and they said it was intonated very well and sounded decent.

I'm in the boat with ukulefty, though. If I ever pay triple digits for a plastic uke somebody have me committed. Well...I guess we should allow for inflation...if anybody sees me pay the equivalent of triple digits in Feb 2012 dollars for a plastic uke have me committed before I spend my children's inheritance...woops, to late for the last.

Edited to add: UKISOCIETY compared an old Maccaferri and a new Amuse on a YouTube video. Meant to copy the link but forgot, but it's not hard to find.

John

Last edited:
I'm always looking for a good travel Uke that can take a beating, but the price is steep for this one. I could buy three OS concert pineapples for the price and not care if a brake or lose them.

Still.. they look like a lotta fun..

Top Bottom