a Little Romance, on my Mya-Moe & my Pineapple Sunday. enjoy...

Olarte

Reaction score
a Little Romance, on Mya-Moe & Pineapple Sunday. enjoy...

Today I decided to compare two of my favorite ukes. I recorded the popular piece Anonymous Romance on my Mya-Moe Koa Tenor and my KoAloha Pineapple Sunday, a traditional Hawaiian made Uke.

So here's the Pineapple Sunday rendition

And the Mya-Moe (#551) Koa Traditional Tenor Rendition.

By the way the videos were shot, edited and uploaded with an IPad 2! :shaka:

Hope you enjoy the videos.

Last edited:
Lovely performances, both, on two lovely instruments.

Thank you.

Thank you Steve, yes they are wonderful instruments, and it was an interesting experience playing this particular piece and adjusting to each uke according to it's particular properties.

While the PS has more volume, and a warmer tone, it is also harder to play classical on, and to get good sustain.

The Mya-Moe is a bit quieter, not as warm, but sweet on every note, a lot easier to play all over the fretboard, and of course easier to old which provides more freedom for both hands.

At the expense of doing this piece too much, I might do it on my classical guitar as a reference to the original arrangement of this popular piece...

Ivan

Last edited:
Absolutely stunning work Ivan- I could listen to that all day.
Now I want to hear it on your Dolphin :)

Thank you all for the kind comments.

I decided to record these on a whim, and with mistakes and all, I only did two or three takes each. And it was fun!

I dunno about the Dolphin, but I have managed to play it on my Ohana Sopranino, and the Kala
Pocket Uke... Don't know if that is worthy of a video though... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Nice job, Ivan. It is nice to see and hear my old Sweat Pea singing again.

Ah yes the Pineapple Sunday, she is sweet!

I was so tempted to get the sceptre, but just could to justify it. So the PS and the Mya-Moe are my two favorites ukes. And surpisingly enough, the Puneapple Sunday was comfortable (with the aid of a uke leash) enough to play classical music on which requires full use and mobility of both hands/arms. The body fits nice in the crook of my right arm.

I'm so glad I was able to purchase the PS from you :) and will always remember getting it on New Year's Eve!

Thank You...

Nice job, Ivan. It is nice to see and hear my old Sweat Pea singing again.

I have a Mya-Moe uke and I've been thinking of getting a PS, so these videos were very insightful for me. I have to say, I love the sustain on your Mya-Moe. Great videos, I enjoyed your performances.

Dave you always make me laugh!! Agreed!! Maybe he should borrow the Wonder Woman uke! ha.. I will never get it to sound like that!!

Top Bottom