Retired Mod
Reaction score
SDREPUKEJAM3.jpg

San Diego Represent!!!
The Third!!!

San Diego Ukulele Players' Jam Session

In conjunction with Ukulele Underground Dot Com

Who:
Anyone that's interested in attending. No haters though. If you play another instrument that you think would go well with the 20 other ukes going on, feel free to bring it (ie: cajon, dembe, guitar, acoustic bass, tambourine, etc). Players of all ages and skill levels are welcome. Novices come to learn. Experts come to share knowledge. Everyone comes to JAM!
When:
November 14th (Friday), 2008 at 6:00pm.
If you run on Filipino Time then its 5:00pm for you!
Where:
Bonfire Pit by Paradise Resort in Mission Bay.

WHO IS BRINGING WHAT?
NukeDOC: 1 whole box of firelogs
Soobs: 3-5 2L of soda
funkypeanuts: *ehem... word
Britna: cups
Uku Windu: chips
mcarreon: "a buncha of them duraflames"
notoriousMOK: coverage as needed
ke leo: carpool from the OC

directions from the I-5:

take I-8 WEST toward "beaches"
exit West Mission Bay Dr toward "sports arena"
RIGHT on West Mission Bay Dr
CONTINUE on to Ingraham St
LEFT on Vacation Road
soon as you turn in make FIRST LEFT
you will come to a fork. you can find parking on either side of the Lagoon.
the bonfire pit we are targetting is the one that looks like a concrete set of bleachers.

here are some pics of the area:
Picture1.jpg

Picture2.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like to go to this! I work in Irvine so I can come down after work. Looking forward to meeting some of the San Diego UU'ers. :)

i sent out a buncha friend requests to the people that either showed interest in this or those that are stated to be in the san diego area. i will be using my friends list in the future to keep in contact with you about the bonfire.

if you would rather not receive any notifications, just let me know. no hard feelings. just tryin not to leave anyone out.

if you are in the SD area and are interested in getting updates and i missed you, just send me a friend request through my user profile. thanks guys!

how long you guys think you'll be out there? since class starts at 6pm for me. i could probably swing by really late after class, to be able to finally meet the uu family. :D

you can count me in...

i sent out a buncha friend requests to the people that either showed interest in this or those that are stated to be in the san diego area. i will be using my friends list in the future to keep in contact with you about the bonfire.

if you would rather not receive any notifications, just let me know. no hard feelings. just tryin not to leave anyone out.

if you are in the SD area and are interested in getting updates and i missed you, just send me a friend request through my user profile. thanks guys!

sounds good! i (unfortunately) cant make it friday... :(
but definitely keep me posted

I'll just be arriving back from a 2 week vacation to the Philippines, on November 14th. I still might show up. I'll be off work on November 15th, too, so I can catch up on the jet lag. Ric

understood. but it would be cool if you could make it still!

sounds good! i (unfortunately) cant make it friday... :(
but definitely keep me posted

that sucks. sorry.

you can count me in...

make sure you let uke-wan-kenobi know also yah?

how long you guys think you'll be out there? since class starts at 6pm for me. i could probably swing by really late after class, to be able to finally meet the uu family. :D

not totally sure... but the first one, we were there till about 1030pm. the second one, we were there till after 11pm.

Game Kaba? Game.:D

We should make a list of things people should bring and then anyone that is coming should post what they will bring just so we have a rough estimate.
dooo itttt

make sure you let uke-wan-kenobi know also yah?
him and i were jamming last night and i told him about it...he said that he would try his best to make it...so its a myb on his part but i will keep pushing...hahaha

We should make a list of things people should bring and then anyone that is coming should post what they will bring just so we have a rough estimate.
dooo itttt

good idea. ill add it to the first post as we go. but at the least, everyone should bring at least one FIRE LOG. like this:
010408duralogx.jpg

its gonna be cold. so we will need at least 5 logs in at a time to keep the fire big enough. and even though they say they last 4 hours... THEY DONT. haha

Top Bottom