2 cheap ukes

h-drix

Reaction score
so two of my freinds want to start playing the uke. :nana: but there price range is limited. I would like two ukes that are DIFFERENT(key word:p). right now is between 75-175, and if i could get one concert and one soprano that would be great.

I know to look at your basic kala, Lanikai, or the new Kamoa's. what i dont know is which low end uke is better, or does it not matter a whole lot.

Hilo

so two of my freinds want to start playing the uke. :nana: but there price range is limited. I would like two ukes that are DIFFERENT(key word:p). right now is between 75-175, and if i could get one concert and one soprano that would be great.

I know to look at your basic kala, Lanikai, or the new Kamoa's. what i dont know is which low end uke is better, or does it not matter a whole lot.

My friend Davoo had a Hilo for bout 6 years! He took that Uke everywhere! It even survived the coldest conditions, and the sound is pretty good! the best part is, is that it is only $40! and for a beginner uke it sounds great! so Check it out and ask Davoo for a review! he would be more than happy to support the Hilo Uke!

Try check out..

Silver Creek ukes on music123. Got one and it is beautiful btw I am not an expert but it sure is better than the Oscar Schmidt that I gave to my bro.

brah...its all about feel...no matter what uke you get...for whatever price...as long as you like it...its the best one out there...you just have to go and try them out...for all you know, you might not like the Lanikai's or the Hilo's ect...but you might find an off brand for cheap, and you might like it...its all about the feel, and how it sounds to you..

thanks alot guys. im most likely going to buy from MGM just so they do get the best set up possible. +rep to all

I don't know if it's too late to give a suggestion. I was looking around Mccabes Guitar shop in santa monica and I spotted a Ohana Paddleboat shaped Ukulele. Now I know Ohana's are not really on the list of top quality Ukes, but I gotta tell you even for a Laminate it sounded really good. Intonation was great, and next thing I knew I was walking out with a new Uke. The best part? Only $50.00. It may not be a Pono, but you can't beat a deal like that.

New cheap uke

Just received my CLASSIC from Empire Music and I really like it. I like the tone much better than my painted black Mahalo. The Empire is uke is definitely cheap, less than $50 including shipping. I'm sure that I will get my moneys worth in fun and relaxation. I am very much a beginner and have enjoyed my brief uke experience immensely.

The Mahalo will now take up residence in my son's room. Maybe he'll pick it up and enjoy it as much as I have.

Top Bottom