Anyone buy a Taylor Guitar/Ukulele Set?

PedalFreak

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone here bought one of the Taylor guitar/ukulele sets? :)

We sold our set over a month ago! Just got the guitar in today, ukulele should be here soon. I'll post some photos, and try to get some sound or even a video clip of it before we ship it out to the buyer :)

The set allocated to the Music Emporium in MA sold pretty quick as well.... not to me, however.

My understanding is they only made 30 sets and all of them were already promised when they debut them at NAMM.

True, dealers bought them all, so then customers get to buy them :)
Oh yes, I understand that, but NAMM is for the dealers, not the public. Why show something to the dealers that they are not even able to stock.

Genius marketing.

Oh yes, I understand that, but NAMM is for the dealers, not the public. Why show something to the dealers that they are not even able to stock.

Genius marketing.

Dealers were actually told about all the new product weeks ahead of the NAMM show :) We ordered ours before the NAMM show, and then confirmed at NAMM. They're planning on doing more ukes, so now dealers know what to expect from their ukes, so when they offer them again dealers can order without being wary about what they are going to get :)

Dealers were actually told about all the new product weeks ahead of the NAMM show :) We ordered ours before the NAMM show, and then confirmed at NAMM. They're planning on doing more ukes, so now dealers know what to expect from their ukes, so when they offer them again dealers can order without being wary about what they are going to get :)

Okay....so the Taylor Swift Guitar/Uke package was their way of letting the world know that Taylor Guitars are jumping on the uke bandwagon.

Okay....so the Taylor Swift Guitar/Uke package was their way of letting the world know that Taylor Guitars are jumping on the uke bandwagon.
Don't hold your breathe. Taylor is not going into the uke business any time soon. Andy Powers came in, made a few and continues to make them under his own label. I have a friend that works for Taylor and it is a BIG No from Bob Taylor to make any more currently.

If I spent that much money for a guitar and an ukulele, I doubt if I'd admit it.

Don't hold your breathe. Taylor is not going into the uke business any time soon. Andy Powers came in, made a few and continues to make them under his own label. I have a friend that works for Taylor and it is a BIG No from Bob Taylor to make any more currently.

He he....I thought I heard that somewhere....Thank you Tim.

I believe those limited editions will just go up in value as collectables and not even played.. more for
investment purposes than anything else...what a waste...

I believe those limited editions will just go up in value as collectables and not even played.. more for
investment purposes than anything else...what a waste...
Instruments are meant to be played.

I'll post some photos, and try to get some sound or even a video clip of it before we ship it out to the buyer :)

Really? If I spent that kind of money on a uke and guitar I would be pretty upset to find out my dealer was posting pics and videos for something that I paid for without asking me first. But - whatever, not my guitar and uke.

I actually ordered two! Got such a great deal on them I figured why not just buy two. If I don't eat them both, I can save it for later....wait, are we talking about McDonald's cheeseburgers? Oops, wrong thread...

When I spoke to Bob Taylor in January he said they will be making more, and Andy is a Taylor employee now, but continues his own company with Bob's blessing. The ukes are going to stay a "limited" thing for awhile was the plan in January. They'd build limited runs here and there, until they get the ability to build them the normal Taylor way. Bob was EXTREMELY excited about the ukes :)

Top Bottom