Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rick Turner, Compass Rose, solid mahogany, mint

Default Rick Turner, Compass Rose, solid mahogany, mint

Hi , I purchased this uke a couple of months ago in anticipationn of my new custom Compass Rose, ukulele (which was delayed). I have now received my new Compass Rose and it is everthing I wanted and expected. So my base Compass rose, all mahogany uke, is now available for sale.

I purchased it a couple of months ago from the original UU owner.
    It is a winner in every respect. I had the action professionally adjusted and the playability was increased dramatically. I also changed the strings to Fremont Blacks and the transformation was complete. It plays as well as my much more expensive custom Compass Rose.
    So it is for sale . I paid $850 delivered on UU for this instrument and put about $100 bucks into it and made it a fine instrument.
    I am willing to sell same for $850 delivered in case (not pictured, soft case in new condition).
    I will also consider a trade for a Collings UT-1 or UT-2 Tenor in mahogany.
    Please PM me if you are interested. Pics are included, more are available on request, a sound sample is available if you can stand my voice.
    Bob Myers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bobmyers; 03-14-2012 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Price options

For your info I will trade this uke for a Collings UT-1 or UT-2 in solid mahogany, with appropriate price adjustment.
    Bob

You always have a stable of winners.

Still available. make offer.
    Bob

you might have to wait for tax season to end.

Quote Originally Posted by bobmyers View Post
    Hi , I purchased this uke a couple of months ago in anticipationn of my new custom Compass Rose, ukulele (which was delayed). I have now received my new Compass Rose and it is everthing I wanted and expected. So my base Compass rose, all mahogany uke, is now available for sale.

I purchased it a couple of months ago from the original UU owner.
    It is a winner in every respect. I had the action professionally adjusted and the playability was increased dramatically. I also changed the strings to Fremont Blacks and the transformation was complete. It plays as well as my much more expensive custom Compass Rose.
    So it is for sale . I paid $850 delivered on UU for this instrument and put about $100 bucks into it and made it a fine instrument.
    I am willing to sell same for $850 delivered in case (not pictured, soft case in new condition).
    I will also consider a trade for a Collings UT-1 or UT-2 Tenor in mahogany.
    Please PM me if you are interested. Pics are included, more are available on request, a sound sample is available if you can stand my voice.
    Bob Myers
    Please explain.....
    Last edited by joejeweler; 04-01-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Beautiful ukulele! Maybe I just have a blind spot, but I didn't see any mention of what scale it is.

Yes what size uke is this ?
    Quote Originally Posted by mds725 View Post
    Beautiful ukulele! Maybe I just have a blind spot, but I didn't see any mention of what scale it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Student-of-Life View Post
    Yes what size uke is this ?
    It's a tenor.
    Laughlin 1M, Laughlin 3K, Firefly Banjo, Fluke Koa, Kamaka HF-3 x2

Never assume, I' have heard that a thousand times yet I posted this item without the word Tenor.
    As to the request to explain the professional action lowering. I had the nut adjusted so that the action at the top fret was lowered to about 1/16 inch. We did not lower the saddle which was already at 1/8 inch at the 12th fret.
    Playing the most common chords at the top of the neck are now effortless and without buzz.
    Bob

Thread Information