Question about a tenor neck compared to a concert or soprano

smokemeister25

Reaction score
right now i'm playing a kala concert. i've never had anything else but just bought a custom koa ana ole tenor that i don't have yet. was wondering about necks on different instruments.

the tenor fretboard will have more space between the frets right? it's longer so i assume there's a little more room between a concert and a tenor and the baritone has more room than a tenor? so if someone gets a longneck say on a soprano pineapple then the neck will play like a whatever the neck length is but with a soprano sound.....?

so am i right? the longer the neck the further the space between frets is? .

signed

so excited waiting for my new uke i've gotta be careful or i'll have an accident.... :drool:

Last edited:
Concert scale is around 15" while tenor scale is around 17". Yep, you'll have a little more space between the frets on a tenor as compared to a concert. Hope this helps...!!!

the concerts not mine. my uke teacher loaned it to me while i'm waitin for my new (and only) ukulele. i been thinkin if (and that's probably more of a ''when'' than and an if ) i get another uke i'd get a baritone. but first i gotta get and re-save money for another one.

thanks for the replys. i thought that's what i get get for answers but was curious.

A long neck soprano has the same neck as a concert, but since the body is shorter, there are two more frets available on the before reaching the body. A LNS will also cost less than a concert. Check the specs on www.lehuaukules. The Oregon dealer is writng this post.

Top Bottom