Thread: Question about a tenor neck compared to a concert or soprano

Default Question about a tenor neck compared to a concert or soprano

right now i'm playing a kala concert. i've never had anything else but just bought a custom koa ana ole tenor that i don't have yet. was wondering about necks on different instruments.

the tenor fretboard will have more space between the frets right? it's longer so i assume there's a little more room between a concert and a tenor and the baritone has more room than a tenor? so if someone gets a longneck say on a soprano pineapple then the neck will play like a whatever the neck length is but with a soprano sound.....?

so am i right? the longer the neck the further the space between frets is? .

signed

so excited waiting for my new uke i've gotta be careful or i'll have an accident....
    Last edited by smokemeister25; 03-16-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Concert scale is around 15" while tenor scale is around 17". Yep, you'll have a little more space between the frets on a tenor as compared to a concert. Hope this helps...!!!

You'll like having both a concert and a tenor and its easy to switch back and forth between the two.

the concerts not mine. my uke teacher loaned it to me while i'm waitin for my new (and only) ukulele. i been thinkin if (and that's probably more of a ''when'' than and an if ) i get another uke i'd get a baritone. but first i gotta get and re-save money for another one.

thanks for the replys. i thought that's what i get get for answers but was curious.

A long neck soprano has the same neck as a concert, but since the body is shorter, there are two more frets available on the before reaching the body. A LNS will also cost less than a concert. Check the specs on www.lehuaukules. The Oregon dealer is writng this post.

Thread Information