Looking for good uke

BIGDB

Reaction score
Ive never posted anything so I don't know if this is the right spot. But I'm looking for a good acoustic electric ukulele for around $400 I've been looking at lanakais but I don't know if those are good or not

Please help

Moku ukes should be in next week and are an excellent instrument. They use Fishman pick ups on their tenor cut aways The street price should be around $450.00 on the mahogany http://mokuukes.com/select-series-ukuleles/
Enjoy your search, lots of great choices.

My Pono Concert cost ~$400 a few years ago, came with a pickup, I like it a lot. Not sure if they have a tenor.

Hawaii Music Supply will add the Pono Passive Pickup to any Uke you order from them. I'm really happy with it in the Islander Tenor I got from them. Sounds great on my home am, and even better when plugged into the setup they had at the local open mic.

When I first started looking for a new uke I was focusing one ones with built in electrics but after a few weeks of reading here decided to find the UKE I really wanted, then have the electrics added instead of limiting my choices only to pre-electrified Ukes.

I have a koa Oscar Schmidt OU5E which I acquired on a trade. It plays well both acoustic and electric. I have used it a couple of times with a Roland Microcube. It is a sweet combination. Price of a Microcube either red or black and the uke for $285.00 I can send pics if you are interested enough to look. The MSRP on an OU5E is higher than the price for both a nice portable amp and the uke. My "Go To" electric acoustic is a model 10EL Giannini. It's in an altogether different class, but , if I did not have the 10EL, I really be quite satisfied with this OS5E. I also have an OU250 Bell and an OS autoharp.

Is lanakai a good brand?

For $400 toss that Lanikai in the bin (along with Kalas, Oscars, etc), and get yourself a Pono or Islander. Much more uke for your cash with one of those.

Is lanakai a good brand?

In my opinion, Lanikai is OK, I personally prefer Kala but it really depends on the model. Things like all-solid, solid-top, laminate, woods used etc. are going to be more important than the brand differences. In your price range I'd probably be looking at Mainland and Islander instead. OR I would contact Mim (mimsukes.com), Mike (ukerepublic.com), or MGM (theukulelesite.com) and get their advice.

keep an eye open and be patient..buy one from the marketplace and you can get a higher level uke
for a better price..Good Luck

i bought a Mainland Tenor w/ MiSi pickup, very nice uku for the money.
have played it amped and the pickup does a great job.

i use various pedals, delay, chorus, flanger, phaser, and this uku gets great sounds

give'em a try

Top Bottom