Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for good uke

Default Looking for good uke

Ive never posted anything so I don't know if this is the right spot. But I'm looking for a good acoustic electric ukulele for around $400 I've been looking at lanakais but I don't know if those are good or not

Please help

Default Tenor

Also I want a tenor

Moku ukes should be in next week and are an excellent instrument. They use Fishman pick ups on their tenor cut aways The street price should be around $450.00 on the mahogany http://mokuukes.com/select-series-ukuleles/
    Enjoy your search, lots of great choices.

"It's not on a map, it's right on your lap" ~ Sailor Jim

UkeRepublic.com
    FaceBook Fan Page
    YouTube Channel

My Pono Concert cost ~$400 a few years ago, came with a pickup, I like it a lot. Not sure if they have a tenor.

I just posted a video review of my new Mainland Tenor, $300 w/case delivered. They offer one with a pickup for a few dollars more check it out:
    http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/fo...way-w-Slothead

Hawaii Music Supply will add the Pono Passive Pickup to any Uke you order from them. I'm really happy with it in the Islander Tenor I got from them. Sounds great on my home am, and even better when plugged into the setup they had at the local open mic.

When I first started looking for a new uke I was focusing one ones with built in electrics but after a few weeks of reading here decided to find the UKE I really wanted, then have the electrics added instead of limiting my choices only to pre-electrified Ukes.

I have a koa Oscar Schmidt OU5E which I acquired on a trade. It plays well both acoustic and electric. I have used it a couple of times with a Roland Microcube. It is a sweet combination. Price of a Microcube either red or black and the uke for $285.00 I can send pics if you are interested enough to look. The MSRP on an OU5E is higher than the price for both a nice portable amp and the uke. My "Go To" electric acoustic is a model 10EL Giannini. It's in an altogether different class, but , if I did not have the 10EL, I really be quite satisfied with this OS5E. I also have an OU250 Bell and an OS autoharp.

Default ?

Is lanakai a good brand?

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDB View Post
    Is lanakai a good brand?
    For $400 toss that Lanikai in the bin (along with Kalas, Oscars, etc), and get yourself a Pono or Islander. Much more uke for your cash with one of those.
    I got my wife, my dogs, and my Kanile'a. What else would I need?

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDB View Post
    Is lanakai a good brand?
    In my opinion, Lanikai is OK, I personally prefer Kala but it really depends on the model. Things like all-solid, solid-top, laminate, woods used etc. are going to be more important than the brand differences. In your price range I'd probably be looking at Mainland and Islander instead. OR I would contact Mim (mimsukes.com), Mike (ukerepublic.com), or MGM (theukulelesite.com) and get their advice.

Thread Information