Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you hugged your Eleuke today?

I don't have any particular Eleuke story to recount, but I did buy a Bugsgear Eleuke five or six years ago. I was disappointed with it, at first. I bought it thinking it was a soprano, but it is concert scale. That's no big deal, but along with a weight that feels like two house bricks, it didn't endear itself to me.

However, whenever I've needed to practise silently, it has proved very useful. If I didn't already have it, I'd be tempted to get the peanut version.

I've never played mine through an amp and speakers. I just plug my headphones in and I'm in a world of my own.

John Colter.

I've been thinking about a Risa Concert Stick for the same kind of instances you mention in your post....kind of waiting for one to pop up here in the marketplace or at HMS/Mims/Uke Republic.

Ukulele Underground: a rare forum where someone can post a scam post on a dead thread, and then forum members simply carry on with new posts on the existing topic.

I bought one of the new Concert Electric Peanuts from EleUke...with some work, it's pretty nice.
    My ukulele blog: http://ukestuff.info

My ukulele YouTube channels:

I got no desire for an eleuke until I saw this thread. Whatís wrong with me..
    Kamaka HF-1 || Martin S-1 Uke || Eddy Finn EFTS-20-S || Martin C1K Uke || Enya EUT-M6E
    Check out my ukulele themed paintings in UU forum thread

I bought a used Eleuke peanut that's about 4 years old. I am not impressed. The new ones look much better. The action on mine is very high. It would cost me almost as much as I paid for it to get it setup properly.

So, I bought a Fred Shields Back Packer concert with only a side port sound hole. Man! That thing is loud! Way to loud for a hotel room.

Now I have a used tenor RISA Stick that is perfect for quiet practice. Even in hotel rooms with a connecting door, it is just fine to use late at night. (Took a little time to get used to not have a head stock.)
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you donít begin to know until you begin to try to do.

óLou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Thread Information