How to hook uke up to mac

I tried this when I got the Peanut, it comes with a cable to go from an MP3 player to the Peanut, both ends are the same size as headphone outputs (3.5mm or 1/8"). It didn't work, and that's when I was told I needed another interface kind of thing (I forgot the name). But, I'll try this again. Thanks!!!!

Weird. I don't have a peanut, but it works perfectly on my Eleuke concert pineapple. I've recorded many tracks that way...

Make sure that you use the right jack on the Eleuke - the headphone jack, NOT the mp3 jack. Also, make sure to switch the audio input on your Mac, via the sound preferences panel, or in GarageBand itself. It must be switched to Line In.

Anyone have good things to report @ using the Samson Go Mic w/ a Mac? Mahalo!

With an Eleuke, you only need a simple 3.5 to 3.5 cord, going from the headphone jack of the Eleuke to the input jack on your Mac.

The headphone out from the Eleuke is stereo. The line in (3.5mm) on my MacBook is mono. Your suggested connection did not work for me, either.

It gets mysteriouser and mysteriouser...:p

I use an iRig so I can still monitor my recording while I'm playing. :)

The headphone out from the Eleuke is stereo. The line in (3.5mm) on my MacBook is mono. Your suggested connection did not work for me, either.

So, can we use a 1/4" out of the Eleuke Peanut amp to a 1/8" (3.5mm) mono going to the Mac? I think I'm asking if the amp out on this is stereo?

I'm not sure what I'm doing right, then, because this vid is me using that exact connection from my pineapple Eleuke to my MacBook pro via GarageBand. Maybe the electronics are different on the peanut?

Last edited:
So, can we use a 1/4" out of the Eleuke Peanut amp to a 1/8" (3.5mm) mono going to the Mac? I think I'm asking if the amp out on this is stereo?

There are two outputs on the Eleuke: one is for headphones (1/8") and is stereo, the other is the standard "guitar-type" 1/4" output, which is monaural.

I am confused now, as well. :p I used the monaural output, plugged into the Mac Line In port via the mono adapter - and it worked fine. Apparently, others have used the headphone output, plugged into the same Mac Line In port but using a stereo 1/8" plug - and it worked fine for them.

I don't get it, but there it is. Happily, neither approach is expensive. I hope one of them works for you! :D

Finally figured out what I was doing wrong. It was my Garage Band settings that weren't right. Over on the right lower hand, where there's a picture of your instrument, you have to turn the "Monitor" On. Duh. Now the Eleuke Peanut works with either a 1/8" on both ends, from the headphone output to the input on my macbook, and, also with a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter, from the amp cable to the mac. Phew, it's good to get that figured out. Thanks for all the help!

I think the Apogee Gio is supposed to be the deluxe option for interfacing your instrument's 1/4 jack to your Mac's USB socket. It also allows for hands-free over-dubbing of recording mistakes. Just start your first take, start playing along, stomp the recording button, and play to the end of the track. Make another mistake? Just start again a little before the error and repeat the process until you get it right the whole way through.

http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/gio.php

Is it cheap? Maybe around $400?

--Dave E.

Top Bottom