A lot of Ukes like these on eBay, any thoughts?

Looks like a generic of the Wolfelele.

I'd say the listing's a little inaccurate. That uke's pretty cool, but it's not "VERY COOL!!"

hmmm...one of the ugliest ukes I ever did see. Maybe it sounds like a Kanilea K4 though... :)

It looks like a triumph. I saw the Langley Ukulele Ensemble use these in a couple of videos... and some Mya-Moe's -_____-

It may not be. Maybe someone just liked the shape and wanted to make 30 of them. The seller also has had 46 negative comments in the past 12 months. Idk, maybe their customers are just picky.

Last edited:
For 25 bucks order one from abc store. They'll give you free shipping if you get a couple towels.

it looks like those self build kits you can get, i know that southern ukulele store sells the kits, i think someone previoulsy mentioned the name, wolfelele.

It is a Skylark.

They're not great. But they're as good as any other uke you'll get for $25. In fact, can you get any other Baritone uke for $25?

The wolfelele is a much better uke. But not a baritone.

I heard from one guy that the angular bodies (not this model but a flying V) can be uncomfortable to hold. In any case, if you want cheap, the Dolphin comes in a variety of stunning colors and can be strung with Aquilas and sounds better than it deserves to sound. I have a red one but the blue sparkly is incredbly cool.

This "heavy metal" uke looks lame, clunky, small sound holes, just doesn't look like it would sound anything but like a chunk of firewood. If you want a BARITONE, then the KALA actually sounds fantastic. It's not 25 smackers, but it's under a hundred and it has a surprisingly loud and pretty sound for a laminate mass produced uke. Just restring it.

Last edited:
You can get a decent Rogue baritone for $29, with free shipping, if you live in the continental US. I wouldn't touch those things pictured above. 'Ugly' doesn't even begin to describe them.

I heard from one guy that the angular bodies (not this model but a flying V) can be uncomfortable to hold. In any case, if you want cheap, the Dolphin comes in a variety of stunning colors and can be strung with Aquilas and sounds better than it deserves to sound. I have a red one but the blue sparkly is incredbly cool.

This "heavy metal" uke looks lame, clunky, small sound holes, just doesn't look like it would sound anything but like a chunk of firewood. If you want a BARITONE, then the KALA actually sounds fantastic. It's not 25 smackers, but it's under a hundred and it has a surprisingly loud and pretty sound for a laminate mass produced uke. Just restring it.
I got a Kala KA-B off ebay at the weekend for £50 and it is under a year old, and love it, although my brain keeps thinking of GCEA chords while im learning it, but its fun

Top Bottom