Songs about babies, pregnancy, mothers... help!

supergokou

Reaction score
Hi All,

My cousin is having a baby. Thought it would be nice to sing a song at the baby shower. Any song suggestions? We will likely have a uke, guitar, and maybe a cajon.

Thanks!

Hi All,

My cousin is having a baby. Thought it would be nice to sing a song at the baby shower. Any song suggestions? We will likely have a uke, guitar, and maybe a cajon.

Thanks!

An original like this one:)

I would play Ugly Baby by Stephen Lynch.

...maybe that's why I'm never invited to baby showers. :D

Bunny the Bear Prelude to Pregnancy? (Zappa?) I can't think of anything appropriate although "Teddy Bear's Picnic" could sound nice if a teddy is unwrapped, and then there's Michael Jackson's Billy Jean, ooops, no, can't use that one, that's just plain wrong. How about "You are so beautiful (to me)" which is nice to sing to any woman as she goes through a tremendous event in her life.

I'm kind of partial to this one, written by Harry Belafonte and Malvina Reynolds, even if it was used for a Kodak Commercial years ago.

This is a recording by the Kingston Trio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRl7EFYSty8&feature=related

When I play it in C, I play: C Em F G7/ C Em F G / C C7 F Fm / C C G C

Good luck!

-Kurt​

Don McLean - 'Wonderful Baby'.

Works great on 'ukulele.

I know this is probably incredibly useless to you, but every time there's ever a baby in our family, my uncle takes lots of photos and videos, and then puts them to this song by Zeca Afonso. It's called "my little golden boy," and it is forever the song I sing in my brain when I look at babies. It's possible you require Portuguese blood in order to stomach the song, but I've never seen it tried on anyone else!

Top Bottom