Jazz: Banjolele vs Banjo? Help me decide.

Update on my tenor banjo into uke tuning. The nylon guitar strings sounded great but had problems with buzzing sometimes. Took it along to Eagle Music (near Huddersfield in Yorkshire). That place is banjo/ guitar/ ukulele heaven! matt was very helpful - said the tension on the nylon strings was the problem and that I should go back to metal strings. After a lot of discussion in the workshop they came up with suggested strings. To me it did not sound good so I went online and found this site - http://antebelluminstruments.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/gauges-alternate-tenor-guitar-tenor.html So today I have ordered the ones suggested from Eagle Music and we shall see what happens. Now there are two good things in Yorkshire - the M6 motorway back to Lancashire and Eagel Music!

Latest update - all sounds good and I am playing it with the Uke3A group in Cockermouth. There's some jealous folk who want the same instrument. Actually one of the members is getting a surprise this weekend. His wife bid for a tenor banjo last week on Ebay and won the auction. It was being delivered to his mothers where he was going this weekend! At least he wont have the problem sorting out the strings - I have done that part for him!

Top Bottom