Never been here before.

1931jim

Reaction score
I was a Private 1st class so I didn't want to venture into the General section. This is where all the knowledge is I can see.

Welcome and venture away. As far as "all the knowledge", you get what you pay for!

Please feel free to join the discussion.

That type of Uke do you have?

Punnery is welcome here, as are you. ;)

Hello vanflynn,
""What type of Uke do you have? "" I have a Kent baritone and an Empire concert. Plus a couple of customs I converted in the 60's from suitable 17 inch scale instruments which were a guitar and tenor banjoele.
Hello Freeda,
Thank you for the welcome to the fold.
Regards
1931jim

hey Jim, welcome to the place where the straight jackets are off and all the dogs are off the leash. WOOF!!!

YO JIM:

Keep that up and you'll be our leader!

Nice to hear from you :)

hey Jim, welcome to the place where the straight jackets are off and all the dogs are off the leash. WOOF!!!

The straight jackets may be off, but the straight lines are plentiful.

Or so my one-legged friend Eileen told me...

-Kurt​

Well, we'll salute you just the same. Hello!

I was a Private 1st class so I didn't want to venture into the General section. This is where all the knowledge is I can see.

Snarf. Good pun... if you like corporal punishment...

Good morning Kurt.
Sic Transit Gloria Mundi.
Illegitamus Carborundum
Regards
Jim
PS: I had to look up SohCahToa......
Some old hippie Caught another hippie Tripping on acid.

Last edited:
Kurt getting back to my algebra and SohCahToa and my trig days reminds me of this old joke.....
Johnny comes home from school and granny says
"Well what did you learn today"
"I learned the formula for the area of a circle Pi R Square"
"You go back tomorrow and tell that teacher that Pi are round and cake are square"

Little Jimmy was horrible at math. No matter what his parents tried, he just didn't get it.

They got books, They got videos, They hired tutors. Nothing worked.

Frustrated, Jimmy's parents decided, as a last resort, to enroll him in the local parochial school, even though they were of a different faith. Possibly, they thought, the teachers there night have an effect.

After his first day of school, Jimmy came home, went straight to his room, and started doing homework. Other than a break for dinner, he did nothing but homework from 4 pm until 10 pm, and then again for an hour before school in the morning. Nothing else occupied his time.

His parents were curious, but didn't say anything. They simply watched, and waited.

When the report cards came out, Jimmy's parents were astounded. He did well in every subject, but had an "A" in math! They had never conceived of this being possible.

During dinner, his mother finally asked him about everything, and especially wondered what had turned his math work around so much, and so quickly. Jimmy paused, and said solemnly, "Well, when I got there, I knew that they meant business. I mean, the first thing you see when you walk in the door is a guy nailed to a plus sign..."

Top Bottom