2012 Wine Country Ukulele Festival

Elainede

Reaction score
Save the dates: September 7, 8, 9, 2012.

We've been hard at work planning this year's festival, but aren't quite ready to post any details (other than the date) just yet.

In the meantime, here are a few scenes from last year to whet your appetite. I am especially fond of all the smiling faces enjoying the wonderful weather and beautiful music. (The kids are pretty cute, too.)

The best way to make sure you get the latest information is to visit the website and subscribe. That way you'll get updates in your email as soon as we post them.

In thinking through the upcoming festival, I'd like to reach out to an Undergrounder who might be interested in rallying the troops for an Ukulele Underground meet-up and jam session at the Wine Country Ukulele Festival on either, or both days. I can provide a space for folks to get together and mingle or jam (and name tags......if someone would remind me) and would suggest doing it in that time slot between 1:00 and 2:15 when we don't have any formal workshops going on. Let me know if anyone is interested.....I think all it would require is starting a new thread and opening a dialogue and letting me know when, for sure, so I can have a space set-up for you.

In thinking through the upcoming festival, I'd like to reach out to an Undergrounder who might be interested in rallying the troops for an Ukulele Underground meet-up and jam session at the Wine Country Ukulele Festival on either, or both days. I can provide a space for folks to get together and mingle or jam (and name tags......if someone would remind me) and would suggest doing it in that time slot between 1:00 and 2:15 when we don't have any formal workshops going on. Let me know if anyone is interested.....I think all it would require is starting a new thread and opening a dialogue and letting me know when, for sure, so I can have a space set-up for you.

This would be so great! I would LOVE to have a UU jam. Count me in!

I don't have the playing skills to join a jam, let alone lead one, but I really look forward to meeting other UU'ers there.

-Gary

This would be so great! I would LOVE to have a UU jam. Count me in!

OK, Ryan, So can I count on you to take the lead on this? You just need to let me know what I can do to help you.

Elaine

I am more than willing to assist as well.

It would be great if we could do it together perhaps? I would love to put this together, but with the help of another person would make it much better!

Thanks everyone for the enthusiasm. I'll set aside one of the outdoor shaded courtyards for UU. I might need some help setting up chairs so folks won't have to sit on the ground. I'll try to get the word out, but could use your help with that as well.....can you think of anything else?

Janet Klein headlines at the Napa Valley opera House!

It's confirmed! The inimitable Janet Klein will be headlining opening night, at the Napa Valley Opera House on Friday, September 7! Here's a sneak preview of Janet "in action:"

In addition we'll have Jim D'Ville, Dave Egan, Paul Hemmings, Daniel Ho, Casey MacGill, Sarah Maisel, Ken Middleton, Gerald Ross, Fred Sokolow, Rick Turner, and more......

We'll be posting more details soon. But if you're planning on joining us, I encourage you to secure your accommodations as soon as possible. It is busy, busy, busy in the Napa Valley that time of year (and oh, so beautiful.....) and I just learned that our favorite low-cost digs in Calistoga will be closed for renovation.
Stay-tuned! There's more to come. . . . Better yet, subscribe to the website so you'll be on the list of those "first to know."

Maybe you can get Jason Arimoto to come up with Daniel Ho. I know they collaborated on some lessons earlier this year in San Jose. Great performer in his own right and two time Undies winner for best video song.

Yes, Jason is, indeed, amazing.....but we had to draw the line somewhere! Maybe next year!

Kumu Pomaika'i

Oops! Forgot to mention that Kimu Pomaika'i will be joining us at the festival as well. He was the run-away hit at the West Coast Ukulele Retreat! Here he is at the Student Cabaret with the Hula Band.
Kumu and Hula Band 2.jpg

Top Bottom