Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Dolphin numerology

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    1,461

    Default Dolphin numerology

    Were there only 1110 other Makala dolphins out there when mine was made or does this lucky-looking number mean something else?

    I have to think more than a thousand were out there.

    Yet I like to think that somehow this number makes my little twangy uke special. (Some new strings might help, too.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    1,461

    Default

    Anyone? Bueller?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    573

    Default

    month year or vice versa
    Makala Dolphin Black, Aquila reentrant gCEA
    wanted: Ovation Applause UAE20


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    1,461

    Default

    Anyone else?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles - The Foothills
    Posts
    3,975

    Default

    I have a Dolphin Blue Burst and it is numbered 1004, so I guess it's not a color code. Maybe a factory code or factory/ date code?

    –Lori

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lori View Post
    I have a Dolphin Blue Burst and it is numbered 1004, so I guess it's not a color code. Maybe a factory code or factory/ date code?

    –Lori
    It's made in april 2010

    The one the topic starter has is made in october 2011
    Makala Dolphin Black, Aquila reentrant gCEA
    wanted: Ovation Applause UAE20


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    1,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ukuhippo View Post
    It's made in april 2010

    The one the topic starter has is made in october 2011
    I suppose that may be right but then I would be upset because I called the folks at Kala and they assured me that they have been using Aquila strings on all new Dolphins for more than a year now, but my little 1111 did not come with Aquila strings. (I've ordered a set, though!)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pootsie View Post
    I suppose that may be right but then I would be upset because I called the folks at Kala and they assured me that they have been using Aquila strings on all new Dolphins for more than a year now, but my little 1111 did not come with Aquila strings. (I've ordered a set, though!)
    My 1105 and 1106 didn't came with Aquila's either.
    Makala Dolphin Black, Aquila reentrant gCEA
    wanted: Ovation Applause UAE20


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    1,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ukuhippo View Post
    My 1105 and 1106 didn't came with Aquila's either.
    Grrrrr....
    Are those the black ones you have in your sigline?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pootsie View Post
    Grrrrr....
    Are those the black ones you have in your sigline?
    Yes, the 1105 needed some altering, and is now gonna meet my drill, I'm building a Belcat UK2000 pickup into it.
    Makala Dolphin Black, Aquila reentrant gCEA
    wanted: Ovation Applause UAE20


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •