Dolphin numerology

pootsie

Reaction score
Were there only 1110 other Makala dolphins out there when mine was made or does this lucky-looking number mean something else?

I have to think more than a thousand were out there.

Yet I like to think that somehow this number makes my little twangy uke special. (Some new strings might help, too.)

Attachments

• 1111 uke.jpg
    1111 uke.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 1111 uke b.jpg
    1111 uke b.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 23
month year or vice versa

I have a Dolphin Blue Burst and it is numbered 1004, so I guess it's not a color code. Maybe a factory code or factory/ date code?

–Lori

I have a Dolphin Blue Burst and it is numbered 1004, so I guess it's not a color code. Maybe a factory code or factory/ date code?

–Lori

It's made in april 2010

The one the topic starter has is made in october 2011

It's made in april 2010

I suppose that may be right but then I would be upset because I called the folks at Kala and they assured me that they have been using Aquila strings on all new Dolphins for more than a year now, but my little 1111 did not come with Aquila strings. (I've ordered a set, though!)

I suppose that may be right but then I would be upset because I called the folks at Kala and they assured me that they have been using Aquila strings on all new Dolphins for more than a year now, but my little 1111 did not come with Aquila strings. (I've ordered a set, though!)

My 1105 and 1106 didn't came with Aquila's either.

It's made in april 2010

That would be my guess. And, since Makala can probably crank these things out, putting an actual serial number that lists the number of them made might be quite large.

Were there only 1110 other Makala dolphins out there when mine was made or does this lucky-looking number mean something else?

For what it's worth, the computer nerd in me saw "1110" and thought "hey, that's fourteen in binary".

JJ

Mine is solid yellow purchased in September 2011. The stamp says 1106. I believe it came with GHS strings, but UkeRepublic changed them to Aquila.

Top Bottom